Preview pdf from Windows Explorer

Please post any requests or ideas you may have for new features for the end User Version of PDF-Tools here.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

gplowther
User

Preview pdf from Windows Explorer

Post by gplowther »

Currently if you have XChange Viewer installed but not Adobe PDF Viewer, you do not get a preview in Windows Explorer (you have to have Adobe PDF Viewer installed to get this).

Could you add this in as a standard feature of XChange Viewer as well (Free or Pro).

Other than that is there a workaround to get this, without having to install the Bloated Adobe version?

Thanks
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Preview pdf from Windows Explorer

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Explorer extention for showing thumbnails (and not only thumbnails, but some other features like tooltips, property page, etc) is ready now and will be available soon as a separate download from our site.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
gplowther
User

Post by gplowther »

I think I have posted this into the wrong section of the forum - it was meant to be under PDF XChange Viewer Pro Enhancement Requests. If it is in the correct place for this please let me know, if not could you please move to the correct section and let me know.
Cheers
gplowther
User

Post by gplowther »

As soon as it's available for download, I will give it a try. thanks
gplowther
User

Post by gplowther »

Any news on when this will be available for testing/release?
Tom - Tracker

Post by Tom - Tracker »

gplowther

It's on the to do list - Thanks for your understanding and patience.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

We hope to have this ready for build 2.140 (the next release) in a few weeks time.

Thanks for your patience.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com