PDF tools Folder monitoring network folder

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

arlito.solis
User

PDF tools Folder monitoring network folder

Post by arlito.solis »

Hi,
I have issue using Folder Monitor when targeting a folder which is located in a network drive.
I currently have 60 tools placed shortcut on Startup folder for auto start when restart and monitoring folders located in a network drive.

*When connection is lost to the tools host laptop it does not resume its process.
How can I set this to resume its monitoring when connection is restored?

*It shows error on some tools stating that path can't be located.
Why does this happen when some of them successfully locate the path?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: PDF tools Folder monitoring network folder

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, arlito.solis

I have spoken with the dev team on this and this is what we have found so far.
1. At the moment the only way to restore a dropped connection will be stopping and manually restarting that monitor, thought we are looking into ways to have running filters try and reconnect periodically, after this happens.
2. the error on starting is not an issue we have seen before, and so the team is looking into it. It may be related to the large quantity of monitors starting all at once, but we will investigate to be sure.

The Dev team is looking into both of these issues, so hopefully we can see some improvements in these areas in future releases. for the time being, you will need to manually start any that either do not automatically start, or that lose their connection midway through.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
masonjones5711
User

Post by masonjones5711 »

arlito.solis wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:47 am Hi,
I have issue using Folder Monitor when targeting a folder which is located in a network drive.
I currently have 60 tools placed shortcut on Startup folder for auto start when restart and monitoring folders located in a network drive.

*When connection is lost to the tools host laptop it does not resume its process.
How can I set this to resume its monitoring when connection is restored?

*It shows error on some tools stating that path can't be located.
Why does this happen when some of them successfully locate the path?
To address the issue of Folder Monitor not resuming its process when the connection is lost to the host laptop, you can try setting up a script or task that runs upon reconnection to the network drive. This script can restart the Folder Monitor and re-establish the monitoring process.

Regarding the error stating that the path can't be located for some tools while others successfully locate it, it could be due to variations in network connectivity or the way the tools access the network drive. Ensure that the tools are configured consistently to use the correct network path and permissions, and consider using UNC (Universal Naming Convention) paths for network resources to avoid inconsistencies.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello masonjones5711,

Thanks for the suggestions! I am sure that our devs will figure out the best way to do it!

Kind regards,
Stefan