Open/closed status of "Tabs Guide" in the bookmarks pane of the manual for version 10 Ribbon UI  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rakunavi
User

Open/closed status of "Tabs Guide" in the bookmarks pane of the manual for version 10 Ribbon UI

Post by rakunavi »

Hello all,

The product manual for Version 10 of PDF-XChange Editor for Ribbon UI was recently released, and as shown in the left side of the figure below, the initial value of "Tabs Guide" in the bookmark pane is closed.

• V10_SideMenu.png
I believe that the items under "Tabs Guide" are the most needed information for users, so it would be better to set the initial value to "open" like the manuals for V10 Classic UI and past versions shown on the right side of the same figure.

Having this item open in advance may increase the likelihood of it being viewed just a little bit and correspondingly reduce the burden on the user support team just a little bit. :wink:

Hoping that the above information will be of some help to you.
Thank you so much for your continued support.

Best regards,
rakunavi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Re: Open/closed status of "Tabs Guide" in the bookmarks pane of the manual for version 10 Ribbon UI

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi Rakunavi,

Thanks for the feedback - I will make that change today and it will be reflected in the online manual shortly.

Kind regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623
rakunavi
User

Re: Open/closed status of "Tabs Guide" in the bookmarks pane of the manual for version 10 Ribbon UI

Post by rakunavi »

Hello Sean,

Thank you for your reply.
The extensive online help is always helpful. It is also a good resource for English learners to learn English.
Thank you for your continued support.

Best regards,
rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Open/closed status of "Tabs Guide" in the bookmarks pane of the manual for version 10 Ribbon UI

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi rakunavi,

I'm sorry to report that I have asked in the relevant forum about how to achieve was you requested, and it does not appear to be possible to do. I can set a 'default topic' that will be the first topic displayed when browsing to the manual page, but it is not possible to automatically expand the chapters - and in any case it is best for the default topic to be the first page of the manual in my opinion. You mentioned that in the V10 Classic Editor manual, and earlier versions, the tabs guide topic was expanded by default - but I do not see this when I go to those pages. Can you please clarify what you mean and confirm that they are expanded as you indicated?

I'm glad to hear that you find the online help useful, both in terms of using the software and for studying English.

Kind regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
rakunavi
User

Post by rakunavi »

Hi Sean,

Sorry for taking up so much of your valuable time. I only commented that I thought it would be easy to change, so don't worry about it too much.
Sean - Tracker wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:12 am You mentioned that in the V10 Classic Editor manual, and earlier versions, the tabs guide topic was expanded by default - but I do not see this when I go to those pages. Can you please clarify what you mean and confirm that they are expanded as you indicated?
The help pages for the Ribbon UI and Classic UI from version 8 to version 10 as they appear in my browser environment are shown at the end of this message. The part I tried to point out is circled by a red rectangle for Version 10 Ribbon UI and by a blue rectangle for the other versions.

The point I worry about is that only the "Version 10 Ribbon UI" help has a different table of contents level before and after including "Tab Guide". In the other help, all of the following four items are at the top level.

• Features Overview
  • Explorer the User Interface
  • Tabs Guide
  • Appendix
You might have changed the placement of these items without realizing it during the editing process.

• figure.png
If a site design is employed that is intended to open the top level of the table of contents by default and close the second level of the table of contents, the open/closed state might be changed by moving these items currently on the second level to the first level as before.

I am sorry that I am pointing out something very trivial, something that some people might think is unimportant, but I would be happy if I could be of some help to you.

Best regards,
rakunavi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TOP desires for PDFXCE
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Re: Open/closed status of "Tabs Guide" in the bookmarks pane of the manual for version 10 Ribbon UI  SOLVED

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi rakunavi,

Thanks for the explanation - I see what you mean now. I have diagnosed and fixed the issue, and the updated manual will be live shortly.

Kind regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer