Modifying Search List

Please post any ideas or requests for new features here for the End User Version of PDF-XChange (printer Drivers)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

GeorgR
User

Modifying Search List

Post by GeorgR »

Hi pdfXChange-Team,

I'm using the Search feature extensively to find relevant papers in conference proceedings. However, the search also lists files that meet the search criteria but may not be relevant in the context.
- Is there a way to delete these files from the list before the list is saved to a .xcsr file?
- Is there a way to merge such .xcsr files to combine various search results?

Thank you for your great tool!
Georg
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Modifying Search List

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, GeorgR

I am afraid that it is not possible to remove a single file from a search action, as the search operated in a "per folder" or "individual document" range specifically. As for merging search results files, for a similar reason, there is no way to do this within our software. As the XSCR file itself is just a zip folder containing an xml file with the actual results, you might theoretically be able to accomplish this with a text editor, but it would not be an intended feature, and I cannot promise that the results file would be usable after that change.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com