Correct the name of Select Text

Please post any ideas or requests for new features here for the End User Version of PDF-XChange (printer Drivers)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

chrisjj
User

Correct the name of Select Text

Post by chrisjj »

To be able to select an image, I first must engage Select Text e.g.
image.png
A more-appropriate name is in order, surely.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Correct the name of Select Text

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

In a way I agree, but what name would you suggest?

Myself, I do not have an immediate idea for a better one.

Kind regards.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Correct the name of Select Text

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, All

This is not the primary purpose of the tool, nor the intended way to access the "edit" action for images. This exists to allow users who are using the "select text" tool to realize that the reason they cannot select a section of image based text, is because it is only an image. From that perspective, select text is still accurate, as this is a side effect of the intent to allow selection of "image based" text. The Edit image option only appears because of the pseudo-selection of the image. While we could remove these options from the right click context menu, they were left in place for both ease of programming, and faster access to users like yourself.

Did you know that the select text tool can also be used to select comments, and enter/fill form fields? If every tool was named to account for every function it could possibly interact with, things would be much more confusing than they are now.

The intended way to get to the "edit image" function, is to use the "edit" tool, which allows full selection of the images, as well as movement, scaling, etc, unlike the soft focus of the select text tool.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com