Is it possible to create custom buttons in the toolbar?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

volt26
User

Is it possible to create custom buttons in the toolbar?

Post by volt26 »

I would like to take a button's basic pupose such as "Save to" and inject a Sharepoint path in there so that the user doesn't have to always browse there by himself.

It would have the added benefit that he doesn't need to add the Sharepoint connection himself.

I did that with PDF-Tools and it gives my users a great Windows right-click context menu with this possibility. But I would rather offer them this option DIRECTLY from PDF Xchange Editor. Is it possible?

Thank you!
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to create custom buttons in the toolbar?

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi, volt26

thanks for the post and excellent question, while you certainly can add a custom button, did you know that the PDF-XChange Pro product includes such integration? The Pro suite includes a browser extension that is not available with just the Editor, it adds a right click context menu option in browser on the SharePoint site allowing your users to open a PDF in the Editor directly from the SharePoint site and retain all the check out/in options. Open in PDF-XChange Editor, make changes, hit save and it's right back on the SharePoint site: https://help.pdf-xchange.com/sysad ... ation.html

If you do not want to go there, take a look at these JavaScript examples, they all place a tool on an "Add-On-Tools" toolbar:
image.png
image.png (9.65 KiB) Viewed 225 times
JavaScriptExamples.zip
(17.26 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Let us know if you need any help with that?

Kind regards,
Paul - Tracker Supp
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com