Application disabled while printer spooling or OCR processing

Please post any ideas or requests for new features here for the End User Version of PDF-XChange (printer Drivers)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

aerostotle
User

Application disabled while printer spooling or OCR processing

Post by aerostotle »

After printing a document, all tabs and windows of Xchange are disabled until the print job is finished spooling or OCR processing. This isn't 1994, guys.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Application disabled while printer spooling or OCR processing

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, aerostotle

My apologies If I do not understand your reference, but from what I can see, Adobe, Ms Word, and many others still to this day also lock down application use while spooling specifically, once the spool it sent to the driver, they are usable again, but no sooner. In a back to back test, Adobe, MS Word, the Edge browser and our Editor all seem to do this.
On the topic of OCR specifically, there are less options for testing, but Adobe most certainly does lock up the app while running on a single document at this moment. On that note, while I cannot speak to removing the lock while spooling on print, I can say that we are working on a solution to allow OCR to operate in a separate process, ensuring that only that one document is locked, instead of the whole application.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com