Minor issues related to the layer list in Layers pane  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rakunavi
User

Minor issues related to the layer list in Layers pane

Post by rakunavi »

=== UPDATE ===================================================================
The issue reported below has been resolved in Ver 10.0.0 build 370.
I appreciate all the hard work and efforts of the support and development team.
==============================================================================

Hello all,

In the Layers pane, the titles of layers that exist on the currently displayed page are displayed in bold, but even if the page is changed and the layers no longer exist on that page, they do not seem to change from the state they were displayed in immediately before. Also, the "List Layers for Visible Pages" option in the Options menu of the Layers pane does not seem to work. Although the implementation of the features in PDF-XChange Editor and Acrobat might not be necessarily the same, both features work as intended in Acrobat.

Please see the attached verification video for more details.

In the verification video, three layers are set on each of the odd-numbered pages of a sample file with a total of six pages, and no layers are set on the even-numbered pages. The layer pane is opened and a series of operations are performed to move from page 1 to page 6 and then from page 6 to page 1, initially with "List Layers for All Pages" enabled and then with "List Layers for Visible Pages" was enabled. The first half of the video shows the results with PDF-XChange Editor, and the second half shows the results with Acrobat.

Issue 1

When setting "List Layers for All Pages", the layer titles in the layers pane that is displayed immediately before remain in bold, even if you move to an even-numbered page where no layers exist. If the same option is enabled in Acrobat, as soon as you move to a page where no layers exist, the layer titles in the layers pane are unbolded.

• Layers A, B, and C that existed on the first page are shown in bold on the list, even though there are no layers on the second page currently displayed.
    Layers A, B, and C that existed on the first page are shown in bold on the list, even though there are no layers on the second page currently displayed.

Since there are no layers on the second page, the title shown in bold on the layers pane is nothing.
    Since there are no layers on the second page, the title shown in bold on the layers pane is nothing.

Issue 2

When "List Layers for Visible Pages" is set, all layers are still displayed in the layers pane even if you move to an even-numbered page where no layers exist. If the same option is enabled in Acrobat, only layers that exist on the display page will appear in the list.

• Only layers A, B, and C exist on the first page displayed, but other layers are also listed.
    Only layers A, B, and C exist on the first page displayed, but other layers are also listed.

Only layers A, B, and C that exist on the first page will be listed.
    Only layers A, B, and C that exist on the first page will be listed.
Hoping that the above information will be of some help to you.
Thank you so much for your continued support.

Best regards,
rakunavi

- PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version: 9.5 build 368.0
- OS Version: Windows 11 Home 22H2 Build 22621.1702
- PC Model: Lenovo IdeaPad C340-15IWL, HP All-in-One 22-c0xx
Last edited by rakunavi on Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
rakunavi
User

Re: Minor issues related to the layer list in Layers pane

Post by rakunavi »

=== UPDATE ===================================================================
The issue reported below has been resolved in Ver 10.0.0 build 370.
I appreciate all the hard work and efforts of the support and development team.
==============================================================================

Hello all,

I have another minor issue to report regarding layers.

Issue 3

If "Show on Zoom" setting is enabled when adding a new layer, only the zoom ratios (Minimal Zoom and Maximal Zoom) exists in the layer properties, and there seems to be no way to know its status (enabled or disabled). Only when you actually try to change the zoom ratio and see the layer disappear, you will know that the setting is enabled. On the other hand, properties in Acrobat (Reader) allow you to identify its status. There might be a little room for improvement in PDF-XChange Editor.

A sample file is attached for reference.

• In the left dialog, "Show on Zoom" is set to enabled when adding a new layer. In the right dialog, it is set to disabled.
    In the left dialog, "Show on Zoom" is set to enabled when adding a new layer. In the right dialog, it is set to disabled.

This is the properties with "Show on Zoom" enabled. Once a layer has been added, its status (enabled or disabled) is not known.
    This is the properties with "Show on Zoom" enabled. Once a layer has been added, its status (enabled or disabled) is not known.

This is the properties with "Show on Zoom" disabled. It is indistinguishable from the above properties when "Show on Zoom" is enabled.
    This is the properties with "Show on Zoom" disabled. It is indistinguishable from the above properties when "Show on Zoom" is enabled.

Acrobat allows you to distinguish whether the Zoom Factor is enabled or disabled in a layer.
    Acrobat allows you to distinguish whether the Zoom Factor is enabled or disabled in a layer.
Hoping that the above information will be of some help to you.
Thank you so much for your continued support.

Best regards,
rakunavi

- PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version: 9.5 build 368.0
- OS Version: Windows 11 Home 22H2 Build 22621.1702
- PC Model: Lenovo IdeaPad C340-15IWL, HP All-in-One 22-c0xx
Last edited by rakunavi on Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
TOP desires for PDFXCE
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Minor issues related to the layer list in Layers pane  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, rakunavi

Thank you for the detailed breakdown of each issue, you constantly impress me with your ability to get the needed information in a usable format, in a single visit, it really makes my job easier!

So in this case, I have created two tickets for you, one regarding the first post, as I suspect the causes of those two issues are related:
RT#6468: Bug: Layers function relating to visible pages inconsistent with Adobe.
and the second as a feature request, relating to your 3rd issue:
RT#6467: FR: "show on zoom" state for layers in properties pane.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
rakunavi
User

Re: Minor issues related to the layer list in Layers pane

Post by rakunavi »

Thank you, Daniel, for creating the ticket! Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule.
English is not my first language, so posting on this forum is English training for me. I try to convey all the information in one report, so I am relieved to hear you say so.

Best regards,
rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Minor issues related to the layer list in Layers pane

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)