CTRL+SHIFT+0 is not registered by PDF X-change editor

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

avada
User

CTRL+SHIFT+0 is not registered by PDF X-change editor

Post by avada »

Hi!

I don't know when this started happening but PDFXE cannot detect it anymore. It used to work, I even have bound it for a command. But not now.
It doesn't even work int the "keys" field of the command properties window. All other ctrl+shift+NUMBER combinations seem to work.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: CTRL+SHIFT+0 is not registered by PDF X-change editor

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, avada

Interesting, and thank you for reporting this, I have reproduced it here as well, and it seems to be a common issue caused by a windows default keybinding absorbing that input (I went back to see if older builds of our software supported this, as you mentioned, and when I reached version 7 I realized it must be something else).

Please see here:
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/ctrl-shi ... ams/824938

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
avada
User

Post by avada »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:00 pm Hello, avada

Interesting, and thank you for reporting this, I have reproduced it here as well, and it seems to be a common issue caused by a windows default keybinding absorbing that input (I went back to see if older builds of our software supported this, as you mentioned, and when I reached version 7 I realized it must be something else).

Please see here:
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/ctrl-shift-0-not-accepted-as-key-command-due-to-windows-and-office-programs/824938

Kind regards,

But CTRL+SHIFT+0 is not bound to anything by Windows. The linked solution does not apply since the “Between input languages” feature is already unassigned.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, avada

If you click the "Change key sequence" button, as mentioned on the page I linked before you will see a non-language specific toggle which has "Ctrl+Shift" set as a default option:
image.png
Please check that this option is set to "not assigned" and then try again.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
avada
User

Post by avada »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:59 pm Hello, avada

If you click the "Change key sequence" button, as mentioned on the page I linked before you will see a non-language specific toggle which has "Ctrl+Shift" set as a default option:
image.png
Please check that this option is set to "not assigned" and then try again.

Kind regards,
Both options there are unassigned for me, so that's why it's weird.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello avada,

If you do have more than one language - there would be "not asigned for me" keyboard shortcuts to swtich to a specific language directly, and on top of those a "Between input languages" option will also be visible. Can you please ensure that this one is also set to not assigned / None ?
image.png
Kind regards,
Stefan
avada
User

Post by avada »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:14 pm
nyelv-hotkey.png
Hello avada,

If you do have more than one language - there would be "not asigned for me" keyboard shortcuts to swtich to a specific language directly, and on top of those a "Between input languages" option will also be visible. Can you please ensure that this one is also set to not assigned / None ?

image.png

Kind regards,
Stefan
I have nothing of the sort enabled:
nyelv-hotkey.png
But since other apps are affected, it has to come from outside pdf xchange. But from where?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello avada,

Do you have anything else on the machine that might be "eating" key combinations? E.g. AutoHotKeys or similar tools?
Or it could be that the Ctrl + Shift when clicked are then locking the 0 in a specific way. Does Ctrl + Shift + 9 work or is it the same?
Also does Ctrl + Shift + NumPad 0 work (NumPad 0 is a differnet key than the 0 on top of the letters in the main keyboard area).

As to what is eating that shortcut - I can only speculate, and you will need to find the 'villain' from your side, as if it is affecting more than our Editor - then it is something else that we have no control over.

Kind regards,
Stefan
avada
User

Post by avada »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:25 pm Hello avada,

Do you have anything else on the machine that might be "eating" key combinations? E.g. AutoHotKeys or similar tools?
Or it could be that the Ctrl + Shift when clicked are then locking the 0 in a specific way. Does Ctrl + Shift + 9 work or is it the same?
Also does Ctrl + Shift + NumPad 0 work (NumPad 0 is a differnet key than the 0 on top of the letters in the main keyboard area).

As to what is eating that shortcut - I can only speculate, and you will need to find the 'villain' from your side, as if it is affecting more than our Editor - then it is something else that we have no control over.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Not likely. I closed the programs that are potentially problematic, my mediaplayer and audio player.

Every other number works on the alphanumeric part.
Ctrl+shift+num0 shows up as control+insert, and every other numeric number shows up with the alternative function, which might be a bug on PDF XE's end. (Numlock is enabled by the way, but it should not be a factor anyway with hotkeys)

I suspect it's Windows what's eating the shortcut, because of something other than what we looked at. That's why I even asked.
avada
User

Post by avada »

There's this neat tool ( https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/hot_keys_list.html ) that shows what hotkeys are registered. Although unfortunately it doesn't show to what...
But at least it verifies that the key is indeed registered to something.
avada
User

Post by avada »

Scratch that. The item I saw is actually "Ctrl+Shift+Windows Key+0", so CTRL+SHIFT+0 doesn't function for unknown reasons.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, avada

Rolling back in the conversation a bit:
avada wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:50 pm [...]since other apps are affected, it has to come from outside pdf xchange. But from where?
If it is happening with multiple applications, and not just our Editor, there really is not much else we can offer... You will want to pursue other avenues to get assistance with this problem. I am sorry.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com