XChange Editor always opens PDFs in window mode

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ChristianGaa1
User

XChange Editor always opens PDFs in window mode

Post by ChristianGaa1 »

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble opening PDFs.

Everytime I open a document, it always opens in window mode and I need to press the maximize button to put in into max mode. When I close the document and reopen it, it starts in window mode again.

I already changed the settings in windows according to this manual:
https://www.computerhope.com/tips/tip201.htm

Is there anything else I can try?
Starting to loose my mind :D

I've never had this problem before, only after I needed to reinstall windows (currently using the latest win 10 version, no updates left)

I'm using:
Version 9.5, build 367.0
Mar 6 2023, 15:52:15

Thanks!
Attachments
image.png
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: XChange Editor always opens PDFs in window mode

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi,

I am not sure if it will resolve your "window"-problem, but there have been issues with the PDF-XChange Editor build 367 installer.

Please see topic : viewtopic.php?p=168009

Based on your screenshot, it seems like you do not have the correct version at this moment.

I do not know if you have customized your PDF-XChange Editor installation? If yes, than you can best backup your settings before doing anything else, via File > Manage Settings > Export Settings.

After that un-install PDF-XChange Editor and re-install, for preference by using one of the installers linked at the bottom of the topic in reference.

Does that help ?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: XChange Editor always opens PDFs in window mode

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Willy Van Nuffel,

Thanks for the help!
Indeed the build from the screenshot in ChristianGaa1's post is with the wrong time, and an update (with a freshly downloaded installation package) could help!

Kind regards,
Stefan