In some language environments, only the font of the title name in the File tab is a serif-like typeface  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rakunavi
User

In some language environments, only the font of the title name in the File tab is a serif-like typeface

Post by rakunavi »

=== UPDATE ===================================================================
The issue reported below has been resolved in Ver 9.5 build 368.
I appreciate all the hard work and efforts of the support and development team.
==============================================================================

Hello all,

One thing that has been bothering me since the day I first installed PDF-XChange Editor is that the font on the File tab is inconsistent between the title and the left side menu. In English environment, the font is unified with sans-serif typeface the figure below.

• In an English environment, everything is in sans-serif typeface, which is beautiful!
    In an English environment, everything is in sans-serif typeface, which is beautiful!
However, in some language environments such as Japanese, serif-like (mincho) typeface is used in the title, while sans-serif-like (gothic) typeface is used in the left side menu and others in the figure below. Although subjective, typeface mismatch can give an amateurish impression to the entire application.

• Screenshot of what Japanese users actually see
    Screenshot of what Japanese users actually see
I guess no one, including me, has pointed this out since it does not affect the operation of the application itself in any way. However, I happened to install PDF-XChange Editor on an English version of Windows (with no additional language packs installed), changed the language setting of PDF-XChange Editor to Japanese, and discovered that all the font on the File tab, including the title, were displayed in sans-serif-like (gothic) typeface.

• Screenshot that developers would see when they change only the PDF-XCE settings to Japanese
    Screenshot that developers would see when they change only the PDF-XCE settings to Japanese
As indicated above, what we Japanese users see is most likely different from what the developers in the English environment see. Therefore, unless someone reports the typeface discrepancy, the developer will never have a chance to notice it, so I have decided to report it here, even though it is a trivial matter.

Most of the report has already been written, but I have confirmed that even on an English version of Windows 10, by installing an additional Japanese language pack, you can reproduce the same conditions as Japanese users.

• Figure4_enUS_WinLangSetting.png
    Figure5_enUS_WinAddLang1.png
    Figure6_enUS_WinAddLang2.png
    Even developers in an English environment can reproduce the same situation as Japanese user by adding a Japanese language pack
    Even developers in an English environment can reproduce the same situation as Japanese user by adding a Japanese language pack
I have confirmed on mutiple PCs that typeface mismatch occurs in the default Japanese environment, regardless of Windows 10 or 11. Of course, PDF-XChange Editor is the default setting. Just to be sure, I checked the Japanese manual published by Jungle, authorized distributor in Japan, and font on the File tab is inconsistent between the title and the left side menu.

• https://www.junglejapan.com/pdfx/pdf/manual.pdf
Hoping that the above information will be of some help to you.
Thank you so much for your continued support.

Best regards,
rakunavi

- PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version: 9.5 build 367.0
- OS Version: Windows 11 Home 22H2 Build 22621.1413
- PC Model: Lenovo IdeaPad C340-15IWL, HP All-in-One 22-c0xx
Last edited by rakunavi on Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: In some language environments, only the font of the title name in the File tab is a serif-like typeface

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, rakunavi

Thank you for the report. The Dev team is looking into this currently. Hopefully we can see a resolution for this in a future release, but you are correct that as a minor and purely cosmetic blemish, it is not a critical issue. It will be approached as a secondary item, when we are not focused on resolving more impactful bugs.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
rakunavi
User

Re: In some language environments, only the font of the title name in the File tab is a serif-like typeface

Post by rakunavi »

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule.
Please give my best regards to the developer.

Best regards
rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

In some language environments, only the font of the title name in the File tab is a serif-like typeface

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: In some language environments, only the font of the title name in the File tab is a serif-like typeface  SOLVED

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi rakunavi.

This issue will be fixed soon, in the upcoming build. Thanks for the detailed report.

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
rakunavi
User

Post by rakunavi »

Hi Vasyl,

Thank you for taking the time to address this very small issue. I look forward to future updates.

Best regards,
rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

We fixed that issue in the 368 build, please check...
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
rakunavi
User

Post by rakunavi »

Hi Vasyl,

It is fixed perfectly. Thank you for fixing it so quickly. Just the font change makes me feel good about using the app.
rakunavi wrote: === UPDATE ===================================================================
The issue reported below has been resolved in Ver 9.5 build 368.
I appreciate all the hard work and efforts of the support and development team.
==============================================================================
By the way, not only in this case, but in topics where I have posted and confirmed improvement, whenever possible, I edit the content of the topic at the beginning and mark it SOLVED to let forum participants know that the issue has been resolved. By doing so, I believe that I can reduce the burden on the support staff just a little bit and not interrupt the flow of the latest topics on the forum.

Best regards,
rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello rakunavi,

Many thanks for marking your topics in the way you do! That is indeed very clear and obvious for anyone (including new forum users) as to the fact that the discussed issue has been resolved - and they can then find the solution as well in the posts below your first one!

Kind regards,
Stefan