Edit - Delete Certain Content in a single page PDF

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

eager to learn
User

Edit - Delete Certain Content in a single page PDF

Post by eager to learn »

Hi All,

I hope you're all enjoying a goo day.

I'm a complete newbie to this list and to PDF-Change Editor.

Seems like great software.

I search the list before posting this but somehow missed any posts addressing this task.

I have a PDF I can open in this program.

I want to edit out - remove - delete - whichever is the correct verbiage in this program to get rid of content which is a proper name, address, phone # and website and leave all the other content intact on this one page PDF.

In MS Paint with a .jpg you click on the eraser icon tool on the toolbar and grab that eraser tool with your mouse cursor and just erase over it like using a pencil eraser.

What are the exact steps in this program to accomplish that same goal of removing the content I mentioned above?

Thank you so much.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Edit - Delete Certain Content in a single page PDF

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi,

In case you are able to select the text that you like to delete with the Select Text tool (in the Home ribbon), than you can really delete that text by first going into Edit-modus (click Edit > Text in the Home ribbon), then click on the text that you like to delete. Most probably you will then see a selection-rectangle around the text. If you like to delete the complete text-box, then just press Delete on your keyboard. If you like to only delete one or more words in the selected text-box, then do an additional click in the text itself, and finally you can delete individual characters with the Delete-key or the Backspace-key.

In case you are not able to select text, then it most probably goes about scanned text or a picture with text in it.
In that situation, I would advise to use the "Mark for Redaction" tool in the Protect-ribbon: click the Mark for Redaction icon (to turn in ON) and then drag a rectangle around the text that you like to see removed. After that, click "Apply Selected" in the Protect-ribbon.
To make these changes permanently, you must Save and Close the document.

Does that work for you?

Kind regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Edit - Delete Certain Content in a single page PDF

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Willy Van Nuffel,

You can use the "Redaction" tool to achieve a similar level of content removal:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... -Redaction

Please note that this redaction is permanent, and if you do that and then save and close your file - after that even you won't be able to restore the removed information - so I would recommend to back up files before redacting them out!

Kind regards,
Stefan