PDF-XChange Editor Plus - Eyedropper Tool?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

stau
User

PDF-XChange Editor Plus - Eyedropper Tool?

Post by stau »

Hi,
I would like to override a part of my document (containing unwanted text) with color surrounding this area.
Is there anything like the eyedropper tool in Photoshop that I could click on to pick up the desired color?

Admittedly I am not very deep in this wonderful app and haven't found anything the like so far.
I appreciate your help.
Sincerely
Horst
PHK
User

Re: PDF-XChange Editor Plus - Eyedropper Tool?

Post by PHK »

The closest workaround I can come up with that might meet your needs would be to use the Pencil tool with the Stroke Color set to white. You can set the width of the line that the Pencil tool lays down and, with the color set to white, draw around the text want preserved. You can use the eraser tool to eliminate any paint-overs. When done, flatten the page. I know this is not as good as a PhotoShop eye-dropper but that's as close as I can get.
All best,

FringePhil
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange Editor Plus - Eyedropper Tool?

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi stau,

You can use the workaround detailed above to address your issue, or you can also use the redaction tool detailed here:

https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxe ... on_ed.html

I hope that resolves the issue for you.

Kind regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623