How to keep the current tool when switching the file tab?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

samz
User

How to keep the current tool when switching the file tab?

Post by samz »

Dear Dev Team,

My default tool for the HOME tool-bar is: SELECT TEXT.

I open many PDF files: filA, fileB, fileC.
The current file tab is fileA, and the SELECT TEXT tool is active.
Then I choose another tool in the same tool-bar: EDIT CONTENT.
Then I activate another file tab, fileB, and my selected tool switches back automatically to SELECT TEXT.

Is there a way to keep my current selected tool (EDIT CONTENT) active when switching to another file tab?

Did I miss something?
Thank you and regards,
Sam
20230313-091309.PNG
20230314-162648.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: How to keep the current tool when switching the file tab?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello samz,

Thanks for the above enquiry, however this is not possible in our products.
The reasoning from the dev team is that if you open a file that is security protected - we will force the tool for that file to be the Hand Tool - and with the synchronization option you are requesting - this will force the hand tool on all other opened files as well.

The closest we have is this option:
image_2023_03_14T16_04_12_983Z.png
So when you have a tool selected in your current active document, and you open a new file - that tool will be set as the current for the newly opened one as well (file permissions allowing).

Kind regards,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.