Can't See Standard Printer

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

brody-xr3
User

Can't See Standard Printer

Post by brody-xr3 »

Hi,

I'm trying to see how to auto-generate bookmarks from a table of contents in a document.

Manual advises that some required settings to achieve this are in Printing Preferences, and that Printing Preferences are:
2023-03-13_18-00-40-567.png
When I open printer preferences I only see PDF X-Change Lite:
2023-03-13_17-51-52-626.png
I have the Editor Plus:
2023-03-13_17-54-19-042.png
Questions:
  • How can I get the Standard Printer?
  • Is the Lite Printer now...the standard?
  • Do I need the Standard Printer to get to these settings I'll need to set for appropriately converting a table of contents page to bookmarks - that is, if there ARE such settings in the Lite Printer, should I set them, or does the Standard override and will require a re-do?
  • Finally, my 2 years support / update recently expired. Will I need to re-subscribe to that in order to get the correct printer that I need?
Thanks,

BXR
Attachments
2023-03-13_17-38-59-360.png
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Can't See Standard Printer

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Brody,

can you show me the manual pages that you are referring to? We have a feature to create a table of contents from bookmarks but not the other way so I am interested in seeing what guide you are following. I am not aware of any printer requirement for creating bookmarks in the Editor.

There is a tool to generate bookmarks from text that could probably be used to do what you want, but I am keen to understand what guide you are following.

warm regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
rakunavi
User

Post by rakunavi »

Hi Paul,
Paul - Tracker Supp wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:08 pm We have a feature to create a table of contents from bookmarks but not the other way so I am interested in seeing what guide you are following.
The PDF-XChange Editor does have the feature to create bookmarks from Table of Contents, but I also don't see how this is related to the Standard Printer setting.

I think the manual that brody-xr3 is referring to is the web version of the following page. However, I don't think it is necessary to refer to this page to use the above feature.

Best regards,
rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello rakunavi,

brody-xr3 started their post with this:
Hi,
I'm trying to see how to auto-generate bookmarks from a table of contents in a document.
And then moved on to the Standard printer.

So Paul was answering the initial enquiry.
You are also correct that brody-xr3 was likely not looking at the right manual for their needs!

@brody-xr3 - I hope all of the posted above is useful for you and you've managed to create your bookmarks?

Kind regards,
Stefan
brody-xr3
User

Post by brody-xr3 »

Hi,

Thank you for all the detailed info and good help! I am keen to figure it all out. I've not figured out how to generate the bookmarks yet. I'll post where I was looking and the path I took once I get it all screen shot.

Thanks again!

BXR
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello brody-xr3,

Thanks for posting back! Looking forward to the results of your tests!

Kind regards,
Stefan