Form fields feature request: multiple copies and calculations

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

claude vidal
User

Form fields feature request: multiple copies and calculations

Post by claude vidal »

In creating the attached form, I came across a few challenges I could not resolve.

I created the first row. Field 'Dépensé' is a Product calculation, while field 'Balance' is a Simplified notation calculation. Then I did a 'Create Multiple copies' of that first row.

Although the field names were generated to remain unique through the multiple copy process, I realized that the fields referred to in the calculations did not keep up and were static. I had to go through 120 fields to adjust the field names in the calculations.

So, the feature request(s)

1- A means of automatically adjusting the field names in calculations when they are muli-copied. I know, no easy task, but such a time saver. My first thought was 'some kind of relative' reference, as in Excel (= RC[-1] ...). But that would require the concept of an array. Another approach could be the concept of a variable part in the field name being referenced in the calculation; for example FieldA1.[var], where 'var' could be set in the multi-copy dialog with a delta value and incremented accordingly during the multi-copy. I don't mean to define the solution, just thinking out loud.

2- Calculation order - After creating this form, I soon realized that he calculation order was all over the place. I got really depressed when I saw that I had to move each individual field in the calculation order dialog with Up/Down. Let us at least select multiple fields (Shift/Cntl click) and drag them where appropriate, please. BTW, the 'Tab order' dialog allows us to multi-select fields and drag them.

3- Tab order - My objective with this form was to have two columns of entries and I was hoping to have the tab order follow the 3 unlocked fields in the left group, then jump to the following line, all the way to the bottom, then go back to the first field of the second group and so on. Maybe the 'Order Tabs by Structure' ? But I couldn't find any documentation on it. In any case, maybe have a 'group' command that would define a set of fields, then each group could have its own tab order.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Form fields feature request: multiple copies and calculations

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello claude vidal,

I will ask our devs to take a look at your request in 1), and the suggestion for improvement in 2).
As for the tab order for 3) - please take a look here:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxe ... ms_ed.html
The way you can control tab order is explained near the bottom of the page.
As for "groups" - that is unfortunately not something that the PDF specification offers, so you will need to ensure that your tab order is set up for the whole file.

Kind regards,
Stefan