[suggestion] Explicitly display the unavailability of some of the PDF-Tools interface elements during long operations

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jensen Head
User

[suggestion] Explicitly display the unavailability of some of the PDF-Tools interface elements during long operations

Post by Jensen Head »

While the task is running, most of the PDF-Tools interface is inaccessible, it is blocked and clicking on interactive elements in these areas does nothing. I propose to explicitly mark the zones inaccessible for interaction by their shading or otherwise. So that the user can immediately understand what he can interact with at the moment, and what he cannot.
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Re: [suggestion] Explicitly display the unavailability of some of the PDF-Tools interface elements during long operation

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi Jensen Head,

Thanks for the suggestion - I will pass it on to the team for consideration.

Kind regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623
Vladimir G - Tracker Dev
User

Re: [suggestion] Explicitly display the unavailability of some of the PDF-Tools interface elements during long operation

Post by Vladimir G - Tracker Dev »

Hello, Jensen Head

Actually, there is shading presented when a tool is running. It might be not enough contrast, so the shade might be not visible on your monitor.

During the tool run only the Tool Report pane and the Progress Bar are available for interaction.

I've attached a screenshot, so you can easily see how it looks on different monitors/devices.
Screenshot 2023-02-03 002142.png
Of course, it always could be a possibility of a bug if the shade is really not appeared on your application instance, so let us know when you check the screenshot.

Best regards,
Vladimir Goshko
Software Developer
Tracker Software Products
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

I'm using the black theme, and in it the screen looks like this:
_
2023-02-06_12-39-02.png
(I don't see any difference between blocked and blocked labels)
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Jensen Head

Thank you for the clarification. It is indeed very difficult to see the difference when the UI is in dark mode. I have informed the Dev team of this so that it can be updated in the future. Do note that as a cosmetic change, it will not likely be graced with a high priority.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:17 pmDo note that as a cosmetic change, it will not likely be graced with a high priority.
Paul - Tracker Supp wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:19 pmThe one should be categorized under "Easy to do, and easy to forget to do"
=)