Sporadic Error - Papercut/Citrix/PDF-XCHANGE

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

SysOpsGuy
User

Sporadic Error - Papercut/Citrix/PDF-XCHANGE

Post by SysOpsGuy »

Good morning,

I'll get straight to the details of the issue!

A customer we support runs a Citrix environment with PDF Xchange installed, using a Papercut printing queue. When printing via PDF-XCHANGE users sporadically get the error "An error occurred – Error (operating system) the data area passed to a system call is too small."

I've run troubleshooting to identify common causes but it basically does it when it wants... There's 3 print queues, black and white/colour/user choice settings but these all work/don't work and closing/opening the document can resolve the issue, the only common issue is that it's PDF XChange printing to a Papercut queue.

Has anyone else experienced this at all?

I've got a few working theories on how to resolve this but haven't found any similar post on web searches.

Versions of software:
PDF-XCHANGE PRO - 8.0.336.0 (I have prompted the customer to upgrade but was met with resistance due to cost. Quickly scanning update notes I can't see anything that suggest it's fixed/addressed this)
Papercut MF - 22.0.2.62842 (Has a dedicated server to control print queues)
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 2019 - 2109.0.0.31047
Citrix Workspace Environment Management Agent - 2110.1.0.1 (Don't think this is relevant but thought I'd add)

There's a few layers that stack up to the total result so I appreciate more details may be required, feel free to ask away!

Thanks in advance for any weigh-ins.
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Re: Sporadic Error - Papercut/Citrix/PDF-XCHANGE

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi SysOpsGuy,

I have asked the team for their input on this and will get back to you in due course.

Kind regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Can you try to rename the destination printer using a shorter name and check if that solves the issue?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
SysOpsGuy
User

Post by SysOpsGuy »

Ivan - Tracker Software wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:38 pm Can you try to rename the destination printer using a shorter name and check if that solves the issue?
Thanks Ivan, I've setup a printer simply named 'PC' for testing and I'm awaiting feedback. The previous shortest name was 'Papercut' though so I'm not expecting much impact for reducing 6 characters but I'll let you know if it does.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello SysOpsGuy,

Thanks for the update. Please do let us know once you receive the feedback on your side!

Kind regards,
Stefan