3D PDF Performance issues

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Pascal.K
User

3D PDF Performance issues

Post by Pascal.K »

Is there any chance to activate GPU Rendering for 3D PDFs.

I recognized when we open a 3D PDF on our Workstation PC we have major Performance issues on the system
It seems that the whole Rendering is done by the CPU, the 3D PDF is jerky while zooming in or out,etc.

System Specs : Core i9 12900K 12th gen , RAM : 64GB , GPU : NVIDIA RTX A4500
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: 3D PDF Performance issues

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Pascal.K,

There are rendering options under Preferences (Ctrl + K) -> Multimedia 3D, and you can select the rendering engine in there (for now only DX 9), however this likely still uses only CPU power for now. You can try to turn off the AA - and that should give you better results.
I will ask our devs if there are plans to support GPU rendering in the future!

Kind regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: 3D PDF Performance issues

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Pascal.K,

Just spoke with our devs, and they actually told me that my above post is not 100% correct. We do use he GPU for the rendering process. The scene preparation is done on the CPU however and that is indeed quite CPU intensive. We are making changes and the new engine we are planning to switch to (mostly OpenGL based) will be much more optimized.

Can you please provide us with a sample file (send it to support@pdf-xchange.com if sensitive) so that we can take a look?

Kind regards,
Stefan