Text Properties - Line Height: Globally Altering Leaves Superscript Hyperlinks in Original Position  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

shade-cabin-hammock
User

Text Properties - Line Height: Globally Altering Leaves Superscript Hyperlinks in Original Position

Post by shade-cabin-hammock »

Hi,

Got an original research file that has some superscripts linked to footnotes at the bottom of the page.

Text is single-spaced.

It's one LOOOOOOONG page, probably six A4 pages long rendered as one long page.

I need it to be double spaced.

I went into Edit, selected all the text, then properties - got Line Height. Set it to 1.5 - lookin' SOOOOO pretty!

Was just about to dive in and do my markup thang when... Lo! I clicked on the deliciously still-blue superscript numbers and...while they ARE still blue...the LINKS themselves are still in their same physical location.

So that if the text was originally something like...

parts of the arcs be to each other as the whole arcs ; the resistances, proportional2 to the velocities, will be also to each other as the same arcs. Therefore if these resistances be subducted3 from or added to the motive

After hitting Edit and selecting all the text and changing the spacing to 1.5 I get:

parts of the arcs be to each other as the whole arcs ; the resistances,

proportional2 to the velocities, will be also to each other as the

same arcs. Therefore if these resistances be subducted3 from

or added to the motive

which is a lot easier to read BUT...though the superscript numbers are all still blue, or bold as I've got it illustrated above, the LINKS themselves are not WITH the text - they remain in the same location as they were before.

The text shifted into different locations with the line spacing change BUT...the links stayed in their same spots. If you mouseover where the links were originally, even if the spot is totally absent any text, you'll find the links active there.

I can of course understand why this is the case - seeing as how PDF put coordinates on everything.

But, is there any workaround for this? So that, if I went into a chunk, or a HUGE chunks of text and changed the line height that the LINKS would carry over in the repositioning, too?

Sincerely,

SCH
Sincerely,

SCH
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Text Properties - Line Height: Globally Altering Leaves Superscript Hyperlinks in Original Position

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello shade-cabin-hammock,

Unfortunately there isn't really a workaround.
"Hyperlinks" in web pages are 'anchored' on the text itself, and will 'move' along with it. However the PDF text objects and the link objects are defined separately, and are with their own coordinates. So when you edit the text - you will then need to switch to the Links tool and adjust the links as well.

Kind regards,
Stefan
shade-cabin-hammock
User

Re: Text Properties - Line Height: Globally Altering Leaves Superscript Hyperlinks in Original Position

Hi,

Yep, yep. Got it! Thanks! : )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sincerely,

SCH
Sincerely,

SCH
shade-cabin-hammock
User

Ah! Seems like using the Merge feature worked PERFECTLY, too! But, alas, same thing relative to the links.

I believe there is a PDF Tools as well. Among anything Tracker offers, is there anything that would reposition the text AND the internal links?

Many thanks,

SCH
Sincerely,

SCH
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Text Properties - Line Height: Globally Altering Leaves Superscript Hyperlinks in Original Position  SOLVED

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello shade-cabin-hammock,

No - I am afraid that we do not have a tool that will reflow text and at the same time reposition link objects.

Kind regards,
Stefan
shade-cabin-hammock
User

Yep, yep. Roger that, mate! T H A N K S for your help! The merge is SPOOKY powerful, eh?

Sincerely,

SCH
Sincerely,

SCH