[suggestions] Allow the user to specify what to use for cropping pages - MediaBox, CropBox, BleedBox, TrimBox and ArtBox

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jensen Head
User

[suggestions] Allow the user to specify what to use for cropping pages - MediaBox, CropBox, BleedBox, TrimBox and ArtBox

Post by Jensen Head »

In the current version of PDF-XChange Editor, the user cannot specify clipping to MediaBox, CropBox, BleedBox, TrimBox or ArtBox [1] rectangles. Also, magnetization of the cursor does not work when dragging the corners and sides of the cropping path when using the "Crop Pages..." and "Crop Page Tool" tools. Can you consider adding this functionality?
_
PDF page boxes.gif
PDF page boxes.gif (72.24 KiB) Viewed 1412 times
_
[1] in your application and at adobe.com they are called "Media Box", "Crop Box", "Bleed Box", "Trim Box" and "Art Box".
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: [suggestions] Allow the user to specify what to use for cropping pages - MediaBox, CropBox, BleedBox, TrimBox and Ar

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Jensen Head,

The features you suggested sound like something useful.

There is only one thing I do not fully understand!

Could you please clarify what you mean by this:
Also, magnetization of the cursor does not work when dragging the corners and sides of the cropping path

Regards.
Jensen Head
User

Re: [suggestions] Allow the user to specify what to use for cropping pages - MediaBox, CropBox, BleedBox, TrimBox and Ar

Post by Jensen Head »

I'll try to rephrase. To crop the page, the user adjusts the crop contour, a rectangle of arbitrary size. There are already several rectangular outlines on the page (see topic title). It seems to me that the user could specify which of these paths, already present in the document, to use to crop the page. Or, if the contour for cropping the page only partially coincides with one of the -boxes, it would be convenient for the cursor to snap to the lines and corners of the -boxes of the page when changing the cropping contour.

In the animated picture above, I showed that snaping does not occur.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Jensen Head,

Thank you for the clarification.

I will forward your suggestions to our developers for consideration.

I will keep you posted on any progress on the implementation of these features.

Regards.
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

Related feature request: Ability to crop pages based on typographic crop marks. Due to the fact that the user can only change the size of the crop selection by using "marks", it is not possible to accurately match the crop outline to typographic crop marks. This would be possible if magnetization worked when dragging the side of the path at any point, and not just the corners or the middle of the side. Like Adobe Photoshop:
_
Adobe Photoshop Transform Selection.gif
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi, Jensen Head

It's a god idea and we will do it. :)

You know the drill, the tic ket is for internal use only etc... Here it is: RT#6598: Feature Request :: Editor :: Suggestions to improve the Crop-marquee: snapping

It's not a high priority, but it is officially in the pipe.

Enjoy.

Kind regards,
Paul - Tracker Supp
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com