Customize UI - Text Select Color  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

shade-cabin-hammock
User

Customize UI - Text Select Color

Post by shade-cabin-hammock »

Hi,

I set the text select color to be YELLOW-YELLOW - 255-255-0. Somehow, it gets filtered a bit to another color. Same happened with a few other colors I tried.

2022-12-07_18-33-54-048.jpg

Where I set the new select color. And, the outcome does seem to be OF that color but...a few shades away.

What do you think is happening?

Thanks!

SCH
Sincerely,

SCH
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Customize UI - Text Select Color

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello shade-cabin-hammock,

This colour is intended for the user interface only. It shouldn't change the appearance of the Select Text tool. However, it seems like it doesn't work quite as intended and it blends with the original text selection colour and the result is, as you see - incorrect colour.

I reported this to our development team so they can investigate why this is happening and fix it.

Regards,
Radi
shade-cabin-hammock
User

Hi Radi,

Thanks for your reply!

So - you're seeing the same type of results as I am if you set that color? Where the resulting select text color is a bit away from the designated color?

Sincerely,

SCH
Sincerely,

SCH
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi all,

From my side, I can confirm that I see the same result (in PDF-XChange Editor, build 365).

The problem is also present in the previous build (364), but not in an older one (354).
I did not systematically test with other previous builds.

Kind regards.

Willy
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Customize UI - Text Select Color  SOLVED

Hello everyone,

It turned out that the change of colour is there by design. This is to ensure that there is enough contrast between this colour and the default page-background color (white, or custom from Accessibility settings).

In this case bright yellow was selected which is too close visually to the page’s white so the Editor automatically adjusted this colour to a darker one to get better contrast.

Our development team made some adjustments to this setting to reduce the minimal contrast-level. This will help to avoid such a drastic change in the colour. The new changes will be available with the next build of the Editor.

Regards,
Radi
shade-cabin-hammock
User

Yep, yep! Got it. THANK YOU! :D
Sincerely,

SCH
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

:)
Willy Van Nuffel
User

A short test with the new build 366 showed that changing the "Selection"-color in the "Customize User Interface Appearance" dialog-box has no effect at all anymore, nor in base-text selection, nor in comment-text selection.

With the "Default (uses system colors)"-theme, the Selection-color should be blue, but in reality it is a kind of light brown/orange. Changing the Selection-color from blue to something else, has no effect.

This "Selection"-color-setting, does it has still has a goal ?

Kind regards.

Willy
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello Willy,

I tried to reproduce this on my end, but I wasn't able to. The selection changes colour every time.
image.png
Can someone else reproduce this issue on their end?

If not, then perhaps the issue is with your settings Willy. This should be solved with a reset of the settings, but please back them up before resetting them in case you would like to restore them at any point in the future.

Regards,
Radi
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Thanks Radi.

Resetting the "Common" settings via File > Manage Settings > Reset Settings, solved my problem.

Kind regards.

Willy
Attachments
PDF-XChange Editor - Reset Settings Options - Common.png
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

:)