+mail +topic +conversation

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

pascal.b
User

+mail +topic +conversation

Post by pascal.b »

Hello
Above advanced search did not produce any result, hence this new topic.

In PDF-XChange Editor I often use the 'send by mail' button, linked to Outlook as 'mail client'.

Later on in Outlook client, when trying to groups my initial mail in outbox and later pieces of conversation, I notice following: the conversation topic of first email is set to blank (or rather: an odd character, looking like a rectangle)
As a consequence in the Outlook client 'view by conversation' the initial email does not appear.

Is this a coding issue in PDF-XChange Editor?

notes: I use French language versions, for both PDF-XChange Editor and Outlook client. 64 bits PC.

Regards,
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: +mail +topic +conversation

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello pascal.b,

Can you please confirm which versions of the Editor and Outlook are currently installed on your machine?
When you are generating the "Send by e-mail" - is the initial e-mail generated with the correct subject?
Can you please share some screenshots of the "square" as a subject, and if you do not group e-mails in Conversation view - are all otherwise displayed correctly?

Kind regards,
Stefan
pascal.b
User

Post by pascal.b »

Hello Stefan,
I tried to reproduce the issue. Unfortunately without success. I'll therefore 'freeze' this topic until I come accross the same problem.
Actually I now suspect the Outlook client (=MS365 v 2211 build 15831.20208) rather than PDF-XChange Editor Plus. (=v 9.4, build 364.0) because of my sending rule for my pro email account.
Best regards,
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello pascal.b,

Happy to hear that the problem has disappeared and I hope you do not encounter it ever again.
But if you do - and you can pinpoint it to be caused by our products we would be happy to continue this discussion with you!

In the mean time have a
Very Happy New Year and
Kind regards,
Stefan