Save a combine job of PDFs combined with specific configurations

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

anashashmi
User

Save a combine job of PDFs combined with specific configurations

Post by anashashmi »

I am looking for a tool that can do PDF jobs for combining them. Bluebeam has an equivalent tool called stapler, where after loading up a set of PDFs, arranging them in a specific order, extracting particular pages, I can save this job configuration.

I reckon PDF Xchange has a similar tool but I am struggling to find it. I can combine PDFs, but I have to rearrange the PDFs each time I do a combine job.

Keyword: Saved Combine Job Tool
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Save a combine job of PDFs combined with specific configurations

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi anashashmi,

I believe you can achieve a similar thing by the use of 3 options:
image.png
- start the Split/Merge tool first time with those 3 checkboxes selected.
- it will show the dialog where a user can add files and reorder them.
- then click on OK in this dialog and UseStoredFileNames enabled option will store that list to the tool's settings for the next run.

Next time you run the tool it will not ask you for files again but use the same files list from the previous time, in the same order specified last time.

note: In cases where you need to change that list and want to be again asked for input files - you must click the ClearStoredFileNames button here:
image(1).png
image(1).png (4.46 KiB) Viewed 275 times
I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com