make preferences searchable

Please post any ideas or requests for new features here for the End User Version of PDF-XChange (printer Drivers)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

carl.andersen
User

make preferences searchable

Post by carl.andersen »

Many applications these days have a search bar in the Preferences dialog that allow you to enter a keyword and find a particular setting to change. Right now, I have to manually search through the Preferences to find what I want or alternately do a google search and hope that it is in the documentation or the support forums.
carl.andersen
User

Re: make preferences searchable

Post by carl.andersen »

Since this is maybe my first post, I just wanted to add what a wonderful app PDF-Xchange is. It has a combination of features that I can't find anywhere else, and I have invested a lot of time in customizing it to my needs - always a sign that I love a program!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello carl.andersen,

Welcome to our forums! :)

Have you seen this menu at the top right hand corner of the Editor:
image.png
Kind regards,
Stefan
carl.andersen
User

Post by carl.andersen »

Thanks for the reply Stefan.
But I think I am not making myself clear.
I am speaking about using the Preferences dialog, as shown here:
Capture.PNG
I would like a quick search bar allowing me to search all the Preferences, similar to what sees in, e.g. iPhone settings.
I am aware of the main search button, but this does not work when one is using the Preferences dialog.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Carl,

well I for one am pleased to see you ask for this. I have personally been asking for it for years, now there are two of us!

In all honesty, while I think it a fabulous idea, but it's not gotten much traction with the devs. I'm not sure why. Regardless, I shall keep on them about it.
Who know, it may come to pass yet... There is a formal ticket for this: RT#6258: Feature request :: Editor :: Search feature for Preferences and I have just bumped the priority as a resilt of this inquiry.

This is not to say the delivery has changed, we will have to wait and see what the development team decide.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com