Same View Position on next page

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

RKron
User

Post by RKron »

Hy everyone,

For me there is a question or maybe a feature suggestion on PDF XChange Editor

i need to Check and Compare plans. So for example page 1 has the floor plan of the first floor and the page 2 the next floor. So if i zoom into an area of the first floor plan and switch then to the next page i need to be on the same position (because i wanna check what happens on the same position in another floor).

The acutal situation is, if i go to the next page: the zoom is always on the left upper corner. This is very annoying.

I heard about tricks with the zoom box command. But that not really works for me.

Maybe there is already a solution. Thanks in advance for your answers!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Same View Position on next page

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello RKron,

Because the PDF specification allows each PDF page to be with it's own unique size there is no 'default' way to switch to exactly the same position on the next/previous page - as the new page might not have the same coordinates at all.

For your needs - maybe you can open two copies of the file in two separate tabs:
image.png
image.png (7.64 KiB) Viewed 450 times
Navigate to the desired position on both pages - and then using Ctrl + Tab and Ctrl + Shift + Tab will allow you to quickly toggle between the two floors.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Similar question and possible solutions a while ago:
viewtopic.php?t=37520

Kind regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Willy Van Nuffel,

Thanks for sharing that as well!

Kind regards,
Stefan
RKron
User

Post by RKron »

Thanks for the answer.

i just know that Bluebeam is able to do it like i described it. But i will have a try on the solution you suggested. Thanks again.

Kind regards

RKron
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:)
RKron
User

Post by RKron »

Hy again,

i really tried it with two tabs open and switch between the tabs. But to be honest this is a pain in the ass for comparing plans against each other this way.

I would really recomend to take this to a feature wish list - because for people who do tasks like this it's absolutely necessary.

In the most cases Plans with different floors have always the same paper size and so the drawings are always at the same coordinate position.

Just wanna say we have around 200 or more licences in the office and thats a feature which a few people wanna see.

Thanks!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello RKron,

Thanks for your feedback. We do appreciate it, however as mentioned earlier - due to the specifics of how PDF files are structured and the fact that each page could be with it's own size - implementing such a feature is rather tricky.

Maybe you can show "one page, non continuous" on your screen? That way when you go to the next page - again the whole page will be shown and in the same view area, so it would look like the position has not changed.

Kind regards,
Stefan