Summarize all areas who have te same name in csv file

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

audialphen
User

Summarize all areas who have te same name in csv file

Post by audialphen »

Hi!

Im using xchange to measure different areas who are the same. The areas who are the same i name them, for lets say: yellow.

When i have 2 areas yellow and 2 areas blue and i export it to csv, the file gives me 4 areas which are, obviously, 2x yellow and 2 times blue with an x square meters.

Now i want to know how i can export the areas while the summarizes to yellow: total square meters and blue: total square meters..

Is this possible? Maybe with a javascript code or something?

Thanks in advance! :)
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Summarize all areas who have te same name in csv file

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi audialphen,

thanks for the post and excellent question. We have an "Expert to CSV" option that I think might be helpful here. If you select any the 4 area objects then look to the "Format" tab, you should see an "Export to CSV" button:
image.png
That gives a spreadsheet where the colours are identifiable:
image(1).png
It uses the hex code not name, but you should at least have the data you are interested in, and in a form that you can manipulate easily.

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
audialphen
User

Post by audialphen »

Dear Paul,

Thank you for the reply! I use that option indeed! I already know that when im labeling the area i can give it a name which then apears in the csv file.

But i want to know when i have 2 areas which have the same “label” the csv file automatically will put them together in a summary?

So when i have 2 “yellow labels” of 1 square meter the csv file put them together as: yellow label. Total area: 2 square meters.

I hope you will understand it :)
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

I see what you mean.

I am afraid that isn't a function that the Editor can do. I think you are going to have to manually sum the different "colours" within your spreadsheet after export.

Sorry, on re-reading your post I realized you are indeed already using the CSV export. Sorry for that.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com