[Suggestion] keyboard shortcut to toggle window(tab) specific keyboard shortcut for choosing comment tools

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MedBooster
User

[Suggestion] keyboard shortcut to toggle window(tab) specific keyboard shortcut for choosing comment tools

Post by MedBooster »

When you have two tabs side by side in one window ("instance") , changing the comment tool in one tab, does not change the tool in the other tab

Well what I thought would be that it would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut to disable and enable if the tool is the same in both tabs or not.
It would really help with my workflow
Wishlist
Bookmarks with page numbers
Optional fixed small icon size in the toolbar
Shift to UNLOCK aspect ratio/i]
Allow more "toolbars" to the title bar
AltGr issues with character input and keyboard shortcuts
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: [Suggestion] keyboard shortcut to toggle window(tab) specific keyboard shortcut for choosing comment tools

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, MedBooster

While I can pass this on, I do not expect it to see implementation. There are a number of factors which can influence a tools ability to be "active" within a document, and numerous other tools have an immediate effect on the document when selected. The only tools we could reliably do this with are the Hand, Select Text, and Select Comments tools. As those are always accessible, regardless of variables in the open documents, and do not apply immediate effects when activated, such as the "OCR" tools.

A better solution here would be to setup shortcuts to activate the tools you are using most often, so that when you enter a new document, you can quickly activate that tool without needing to locate it.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com