Arc Markup Tool Feature Request

Please post any ideas or requests for new features here for the End User Version of PDF-XChange (printer Drivers)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

Yorgi
User

Arc Markup Tool Feature Request

Post by Yorgi »

I would really find the addition of an arc tool very helpful for marking up PDF's. I see elsewhere in the forum that this is not part of the ISO standard but would still be very useful.
Thanks
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Arc Markup Tool Feature Request

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Yorgi

Thank you for the post, Unfortunately the ISO standard is not simply a case of things we "should/shouldnt" do. It is a definition for how the items included within it need to be done. As such, implementing any feature which is not defined by the specification will result in incompatibility, and the risk of damaging your document irreparably while also being unable to be understood, displayed, used, or interacted with without yet more possibly damaging effects by any other app who did not choose to implement this feature in exactly the same way, using exactly the same variable as we did.

As such, despite the fact that we recognize this is a commonly requested feature, and one which we would be willing to implement, we simply cannot do so, without risking the documents of all of our clients who chose to use the feature after we did so, and that is never something we will be willing to do.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Yorgi
User

Post by Yorgi »

Thanks for the reply and info Daniel.

Wondering if for the long term Tracker-software has any input to the ISO standard committee and could put in in feature/element suggestion. Seems like you folks are very good at PDF tools and could suggest a way to implement this.

BTW I've been using PDF Xchange for many years and it is hands down the best PDF suite out there (and ive tried a lot of them). The app is awesome. Thanks!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Yorgi

I am afraid that I am no where near high enough up the chain to know if we have any form of pull or an ear on the ISO, but we will be keeping an eye out as the ISO changes over time, and should features like this become possible, we will most certainly be working to add them in. But I am glad to hear that you are enjoying our software.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com