Selecting objects by type and property

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Trace
User

Post by Trace »

Dear community,

is there a way to select objects not only manually by type (Text, Images, Shapes, XForms) but also by property type? E.g. if I have a PDF with many single elements, that are not recangularly grouped (e.g. a scatter plot), I would like to change color of objects with a specific color. (e.g. select all paths which have fill color red found on page x to y)

Similarly, it would be nice to be able to do this in repetition, e.g. to switch colors of objects from red to green and vice versa (also interesting: doing this as sequence or separately from the status quo)
another description of this procedure: we have three dots: blue red yellow

changing in sequence from blue to red, red to yellow, yellow to blue would lead to
blue blue blue

changing from status quo would lead to
red yellow blue

When doing this with custom colors, the questions of the status of #5276: "Add to custom colors" bug arises. In the latest build, The error was still present

best regards
NewDocument.pdf
Not a scatter plot, but colors are scattered (I changed the original to create a suitable example file)
(61.17 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Selecting objects by type and property

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Trace,

I am afraid that this is not possible for base content objects like the ones in your sample file.
If those were annotations - it would have been possible with JS, but for your sample I am afraid that the only way is to manually select those objects and then change their colours.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Trace
User

Post by Trace »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:54 am Hello Trace,

I am afraid that this is not possible for base content objects like the ones in your sample file.
If those were annotations - it would have been possible with JS, but for your sample I am afraid that the only way is to manually select those objects and then change their colours.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Hello Stefan,

that's unfortunate. Thanks for your reply. Beside that, is there any update regarding the mentioned bug?

best regards
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Trace,

Apologies for missing that part about the bug!
I've just asked in the ticket for an update and will post here as soon as I have any further info.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Trace
User

Post by Trace »

no new information after a month?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Trace,

I am afraid that there was nothing new in the ticket. I've just requested that it's priority be increased and will keep an eye on it for you!

Kind regards,
Stefan
Trace
User

Post by Trace »

Hi Stefan,
thanks for your reply!

best regards
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin