Issue with flattening annotations

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
Serhii
User

Issue with flattening annotations

Post by Serhii »

Hi,
We are using licensed PDF-XChange Editor SDK version 9.3.361.0. Recently we faced an issue with flattening user annotations on the PDF page.
After we flatten the annotations and save the pages to a new document, we will lose some of the content around the edges of the page. The annotations are also missing on the page. When we use a PDF validator for the document, we receive the following validation errors:
image.png
The issue is just with three PDF documents, but our client needs to use them. For the original document, the validator shows that it is valid.
image(1).png
Here is an example of code we use to insert the PDF page. The issue is on line 1012. When we change "Flatten" to "Copy" or "DontCopy", everything works correctly for the page.
image(2).png
Can you please suggest what could be wrong?
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Issue with flattening annotations

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Can you send us the original document (before flattening) where you have problems?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Serhii
User

Post by Serhii »

Sorry for the delay with the response. I was waiting for approval from the customer to send you the original document. Is it possible to send this document via email? Because it has customer-related data, it would be better not to post it on the forum. If so, could you please tell me who the contact person is?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Serhii,

Yes, certainly! Please e-mail the file to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this topic and we will pass it along to Ivan for further investigation.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Serhii
User

Post by Serhii »

Great, thank you!
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Serhii,

We got the files. Thanks for that. I have passed them on to Ivan and I am sure he will look at them as time permits.

cheers
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Serhii
User

Post by Serhii »

Hi guys.

We faced the issue a second time. It seems errors appear after we try to flatten annotations on documents with thick logos. Again, if I remove the logo, everything works correctly. And when I try to place the logo on the blank page, I see the same errors. Do you have any ideas about what can cause it?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Serhii

From what we can see, the cause of this issue has been resolved in a recent release. I note at the beginning of this thread you mentioned you are using build 361.0. Have you considered updating to build 364 yet? If not, that would be the next course of action, before any further troubleshooting.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Serhii
User

Post by Serhii »

Sorry for the delay with the response. We were testing the new PDF SDK. Yes, after we updated to the latest version of the PDF SDK, the issue with flattening annotations disappeared. Many thanks for your help!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Serhii,

Glad to hear that all is now working as it should on your end as well!

Kind regards,
Stefan