Setting Field Descriptions in Forms  SOLVED

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

drkate04
User

Setting Field Descriptions in Forms

Post by drkate04 »

I can change the name of my fields, but I don't see how to set the field description so that I can pass the accessibility check for my form. Can someone tell me how to do this? I can't find it in the product manual.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Setting Field Descriptions in Forms

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello drkate04,

Welcome to our forums!

Can you please share with us a form (or just a feew fields) that you are creating and the accessibility settings you have already done, along with the errors you get when you check the file for accessibility so that we can take a look here on our end?

Kind regards,
Stefan
drkate04
User

Re: Setting Field Descriptions in Forms

Post by drkate04 »

Thanks for looking at this! A lot my patients are elderly and I want to make sure that they can fill out my form.
image.png
image.png (6.47 KiB) Viewed 7805 times
Health History - Revised 101322.pdf
(595.51 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Setting Field Descriptions in Forms  SOLVED

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello drkate04,

Thanks for the sample file. Creating the tags does require some preparation.
First - when you run the accessibility check - it will show you a list of all the fields missing tags - and for me the first one is the "Name" field. If you click on the "Entry 1" on the left of the below screenshot - it does select that correct field.
With the field selected and the "Select Fields" tool active in the ribbon - you can now right click that field and see the "Tag" option:
image.png
The "Create Tag from Selection" is inactive as there is still no "Tag" tree in your file.
You now need to open the Tags pane (Main menu -> View -> Panes -> Tags):
image(1).png
And once that pane is open - you can create the tags root:
image(2).png
Once that is created - you can now create new tags for your form fields:
image(3).png
This will open a pop-up window where you can select from a list of predefined types (or create your own):
image(4).png
image(4).png (51.74 KiB) Viewed 7798 times
And then also populate the Title you would like to use:
image(5).png
This will populate the Tags pane as well:
image(6).png
image(6).png (16.07 KiB) Viewed 7798 times
And if you run the accessibility check once again - it will now no longer include that Form field in the list of fields awaiting tags. "Entry 1" will now be the "Date of Birth" field:
image(7).png
You will need to go through each field - a laborious process but once you get the hang of it - it's just a few clicks per field.

Kind regards,
Stefan