PDF-XChange Missing Controls in Viewer

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Grosner
User

Post by Grosner »

After upgrading to latest PDFXChange Pro, the Directory Opus Viewer Pane (using the PDFXChange ActiveX viewer) no longer shows the PDFXChange editor controls. How can I re-enable these controls?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange Missing Controls in Viewer

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Grosner

The Viewer has been discontinued for about 10 years now, so I cannot promise that its features will work with other applications anymore, but if there is any way to enable this, it would be by opening the Viewers preferences (Ctrl_K) and looking under File associations for this option:
image.png
If you can still enable the "display PDF in browser" function, that should be what Directory Opus was previously using to give you access to any of our Editing features.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Grosner
User

Post by Grosner »

Thank you. Actually, I am not using the viewer and never have. I am using PDF-XChange editor version 9.4.364.0.
So the issue is PDF-XChange Missing Editor Controls when Viewing File in Directory Opus (or Internet Explorer or Edge).

I did previously (and again now) set the PDF-XChange setting to "Register NP-plugin for other browsers" and the "View PDF files in Internet Explorer" to Yes. (by the way, after applying the settings the settings show "Do Not Change"). I did reboot computer, but the editor controls are still not available (as they were in my previous version of PDF-XChange before today's update).

Any other suggestions?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Grosner

I see, unfortunately, with the discontinuation of IE, and modern browsers disallowing NPAPI Plugins, the old IE plugin is no longer available, without that plugin data present, it will not be possible for third party apps like Directory Opus to take advantage of their existence and present the editing tools you used to see there.

I am afraid that from this point on, the only way to edit will be to directly open the file in our software.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Grosner
User

Post by Grosner »

Ok. I suppose it was my update earlier today to Windows 11 2022-09 Cumulative Update for Windows Version 22H2 (KB4017389) that is the actual culprit in disabling the edit controls feature. I may have been wrong in thinking it was a change to PDF-XChange.

Thank you.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)