How to/Feature Request: Group Shapes and export the Group to .jpg

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bqxmprij
User

How to/Feature Request: Group Shapes and export the Group to .jpg

Post by bqxmprij »

I work with pdfs with what appear to be 'shapes' all the time. I never knew they were 'shapes.' I receive pdfs of with a lot of 'shapes' that form a drawing. Today I learned how to use the "arrange" feature. It wasn't much, but that little bit saved me reaching out to third party for revised drawings. I was able to highlight all 'shapes' and use the 'arrange' feature in the context menu to resize all 'shapes' and rotate them all as a group.

Is there a way to 'group' shapes together so that any editing (increasing size, decreasing size, rotating, etc.) happens to the entire group? This is what I did today by being able to select all of the 'shapes.' Sometimes though, I only want some grouping of 'shapes' (i.e., not all shapes on a page) to behave as a group.

Also, once I have a grouping of individual shapes, is there a way to export that group to a .jpg? I need it as a really high resolution. Thanks!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: How to/Feature Request: Group Shapes and export the Group to .jpg

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, bqxmprij

There is currently no way to permanently group shapes, as it is not something we can save at the document level without ignoring the spec and adding in data which no one else would understand, but you can use ctrl+click to add items to the selection, without needing to select everything in an area.
As for export to a jpg, It is not possible to do this with only the selected objects (barring some very complicated "move everything to layers, and hide all the other content" steps) So the best that I could offer is the snapshot tool, which will take a screencap of the selected area, which you can then paste into other apps, such as MS paint, or any other image editing software, and begin editing directly.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com