Stamps can be deleted after embedding

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

RufusRed
User

Post by RufusRed »

Hello,

we regularly receive invoices as PDF files. We provide these with various stamps (date of receipt, text stamp and signatures).
Finally, we use the Comment - Flatten function. Now we can't change the stamp size or move the stamps. Very good!

However, you can use the select text function to delete the stamp in parts. Is there a way to prevent this?
We want our stamps and annotations to blend in with the invoice on one level and not be editable in any way.

Best regards
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Stamps can be deleted after embedding

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Rufusred,

thanks for the post and excellent question.

The most common way to do this would be to apply document security. Open the PDF properties (CTRL+d) and look to the Security category. In there are options to add or change document security:
image.png
That should give you what you seek.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
RufusRed
User

Post by RufusRed »

Hello Paul,

thank you for your suggestion. I just tried it and it works as expected. However, it is a bit cumbersome with the password, especially since the file is also edited by different employees.

You write it is the most common method. Do you have any other idea how we can make it easier to implement?

Greetings
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello RufusRed,

Another option would be to rasterize the content - but then you will lose all editing features.
Without protecting the file or 'losing' a lot of the other information I can not think of another way to restrict this. So please work with the file without restrictions on it - and only when sending to the customer apply the necessary restrictions.

Kind regards,
Stefan
RufusRed
User

Post by RufusRed »

Hello Stefan,

Please excuse my late reply, I was on vacation. What exactly do you mean by "rasterize content". What is this feature in PDF xChange Pro? I would like to test this once.

Best regards
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

It's a tool on the "Convert" ribbon:
image.png
It turns the text and object based PDFs into pictures/images of the pages and are much harder to modify:
image(2).png
Does that work for you?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
DIV
User

Post by DIV »

RufusRed wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:45 am We want our stamps and annotations to blend in with the invoice on one level and not be editable in any way.
If it were me then I would password-protect the document, as the last step before sending it out.
But, in your case, make sure you only lock the document against relevant changes, without accidentally preventing the user from e.g. printing or copying text. You might possibly also consider allowing users to add comments in your PDF files for their own purposes (e.g. the recipient might like to be able to highlight particular line items, or overlay a note for their finance people).

Rasterising will create an image that may not look quite so 'sharp' (unless you go for a high-resolution, larger file size), and is still possible to be changed if someone is determined to do so, like editing a digital photograph (laborious).

—DIV
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello DIV,

Thanks for your input and advise!
Those are all great suggestions!

Kind regards,
Stefan
RufusRed
User

Post by RufusRed »

:shock: wow! I got today the new Update to Version 9.4.

The new Function "Text keep" ist great. Now i can rasterize my Comments an the Documenttext will be keep as text.
220919_TEXT.jpg
:D :D :D
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:)