paning with mouse midle/right button while allow selection

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Petr
User

paning with mouse midle/right button while allow selection

Post by Petr »

Hi, I would like to select text to copy and use drag to move in the document with mouse. It is possible to do using hand icon and cursor icon, but I have to click on the icon to switch the mode every few seconds which is really annoying. My mouse has 3 standard buttons (like almost every windows mouse and some extra). I would like to know how to use the middle or right button to pan the document like in the hand mode. Currently right button drag does nothing and middle button enter some constants scrolling mode which is totally useless and could be replaced with the pan. The standard way is the middle button, but I would also accept the right button even a key modifier like ctrl or shift would be better then switching modes. I could not find a setting to achieve that function in the app, can you help me with that?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: paning with mouse midle/right button while allow selection

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Petr

At the moment we do not offer this feature, the closest you would find is the ability to scroll the mousewheel while dragging an item. With that said, I have created a formal feature request ticket for this. This is not a promise to implement the request, only that the dev team will consider it when they are next looking at new features.

RT#6190: FR: MMB drag-pan document - allow pan during selection drag

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com