setting default zoom?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

a2jc4life
User

setting default zoom?

Post by a2jc4life »

Is there a way to set the default zoom/view across the software? I've managed to find a way to set the zoom for a specific document, but I can't seem to find a way to set this as a general software setting.

It's driving me crazy that the first thing I have to do every time I open a PDF is go through multiple clicks to resize the thing to something sane. (I'm not loving this layout; the older, traditional toolbars were much more intuitive to use.)
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: setting default zoom?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, a2jc4life

You can specify the default zoom and layout for newly opened document from the preferences (Ctrl_K) under the page display category:
image.png
As for your mention of preferring the older traditional toolbars, thankfully they are still here, and we have no plans to remove them! you can toggle between the "Classic UI" and new "Ribbon UI" at any time while using the software, with the UI options menu in the top right corner of the software:
image(1).png
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
a2jc4life
User

Post by a2jc4life »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. I know I can change the default zoom for the individual document I'm in. But I don't want to have to set it individually for every single document. What I want is to set my preferences as a user, so that every single time I open any document, it will open at 100%. But as far as I can tell, there aren't any preference settings for the software; only for the individual document.

That's good to know about being able to toggle back to the older UI.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, a2jc4life

Yes you do seem to have misunderstood, the options I highlighted in the first image are what you would need to change in order to make the default zoom whatever you like, including 100%. Simply select the "default page zoom" dropdown shown in that image and enter 100% into the field. Then any newly opened documents (those you have not opened in the past) will open at 100%.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
a2jc4life
User

Post by a2jc4life »

Got it; thank you. (And sorry I was slow.)

One follow-up question: where IS that menu if you're using the ribbon? I was able to find it after switching over to classic, but I couldn't even find that section while I was using the ribbon view.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, a2jc4life

sorry, Which menu? The preferences menu? The easiest way to open it in both UI's is to press Ctrl+K. Other than that, in the Ribbon UI it is present under the File menu, down near the bottom, you will see "preferences".

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
a2jc4life
User

Post by a2jc4life »

Thanks!
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

setting default zoom?

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

:)