Convert web page to pdf using browser plugin from PDF Xchange Standard. Missing pictures.

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

igorlima
User

Convert web page to pdf using browser plugin from PDF Xchange Standard. Missing pictures.

Post by igorlima »

Hello!

When I use the browser plugin from PDF XCHANGE STANDARD to convert a web page to pdf, the resulting pdf of some web pages have missing pictures. Like the one bellow:

Sem título.png

the web page I tried to convert above is this one:

https://www.uol.com.br/carros/colunas/doutor-multas/2022/08/10/avancar-sinal-vermelho-sempre-causa-multa.htm

I'm using the plugin on Chrome.

I tried to change the settings on the plugin but it didn't help.

Please, could anyone know what is causing this and is there a way to stop this from happening?

Thank you very much!
Igor
PDF-XChange Editor fan :)
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Convert web page to pdf using browser plugin from PDF Xchange Standard. Missing pictures.

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Igorlima,

that page has a number of popups and notifications loading that II cannot get rid of, I cannot even get a clean page loaded to test, when I did it was completely blank.
I am reaching out to the dev who made this Extension to see what he thinks, but I suspect it may be related to the dynamic content. I'll let you know what he says.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
igorlima
User

Re: Convert web page to pdf using browser plugin from PDF Xchange Standard. Missing pictures.

Post by igorlima »

Hi, Paul

Early this morning, using ublock origin, I got to load the page without popups or notifications, just a clean page with the text. But right now I'm getting a pop up that prevents me seeing the content of the page. Sorry about that. If I get this issue with another web page that is not pay walled and is more cleaner I will post it here.
But still thank you for reaching out to the dev, hope more information can be provided despite the bad condition of this web page.

If this problem is related to dynamic content as you say, there would be no way to circumvent this?

Thank you!
Igor
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Igorlima,

we tested on some other pages on that site and did see the issue where it is not converting images. He tells me the issue is in the "Webkit" libraries we leverage for the HTML to PDF conversion and that we are in the process of replacing those libraries. When this is complete we expect better results here.

I do not have an ETA for delivery of the improved conversion, but it is in the pipe and coming.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
igorlima
User

Post by igorlima »

Hi, Paul!

That's really good to read!

Thank you :)
Igor