To fixed the space between tool bar icon in different machines

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
prasantha
User

To fixed the space between tool bar icon in different machines

Post by prasantha »

My application`s command bar shows differently in different machines, All the machines configured to same resolution. but some machines it display correctly, but in some other machines the icons are too close.
image.png
I found below post useful for PDF exchange editor, https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?p=142270&hilit=set+icon+size+in#p142270.

But I could not find how to change the scaling programmatically.

So Can some one direct me how to fix this?

Thank you,
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: To fixed the space between tool bar icon in different machines

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello prasantha,

Have you prepared and exported a settings file? Maybe you can then try to import the same settings to all machines and see if they start behaving the same or if these differences are still there?
Could it be that while the DPI is the same - the size of the control is different on the two machines so that the Editor does not have the same amount of space to expand all the menus?

Kind regards,
Stefan
prasantha
User

Post by prasantha »

I tried it with the same settings in each machines. but it shows differently.
Further,
I have added the controls programmatically as below
var Group1 = ribbonTab.Groups.AddGroup("home", groupId);
Group1.ControlsGrouping = true;
Group1.AllowReduce = 0;

var Control = Group1.Add(XTPControlType.xtpControlButton, Constants.MENUID_ZOOM_ZOOM_IN, "");
Control.SetIconSize(20, 20);
Control.Height = 20;
Control.Width = 20;
Control.IconId = Constants.ICONID_ZOOM_ZOOM_IN;
Control.TooltipText = "Zoom inn (CTRL+NUM PLUSS)";
Control.DescriptionText = "Zoom inn på siden";
Control.Visible = true;

Even though I set the control height and width , they shows in different height and width in different machines.
Further I have not set the length of the group and it has plenty of remainig spaces as well.

Still I cant figure it out how to fix this issue.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Seems you using 3rd-party implementation of Ribbon UI (XtremeCommandBars?). And I don't know how you use Editor's icons for that...

Can you clarify this moment?
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.