Clear Style Formatting Values Defined Where?  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

shade-cabin-hammock
User

Clear Style Formatting Values Defined Where?

Post by shade-cabin-hammock »

Hi,

When I apply Clear Style
2022-08-07_15-48-42-778.png
2022-08-07_15-48-42-778.png (5.65 KiB) Viewed 503 times
to text, it resolves to this:
2022-08-07_15-46-10-155.png
That's different from my Default Style.
2022-08-07_15-50-08-131.png
2022-08-07_15-50-08-131.png (5.61 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Where are the properties for the Font attached to Clear Style defined, and how can I alter them?

Sincerely,

SCH
Sincerely,

SCH
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Re: Clear Style Formatting Values Defined Where?  SOLVED

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi SCH,

I don't believe it's possible to define the style that text reverts to when using the 'Clear Style' feature. However, when you have text selected in documents, and you have already defined a a Default Style, you can simply use the 'Apply Default Style' to change the text to your default style. Perhaps that would work in your case?

Kind regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623
shade-cabin-hammock
User

Re: Clear Style Formatting Values Defined Where?

Hi Sean,

Ah! Got it. Thanks! :D

A pity, as I've got a sort of unique font I use for the other. I suppose it is defined SOMEWEHRE? If any of the devs get a peek at this or if anyone knows what's going on under the hood here and could post, that'd be great!

Sincerely,

SCH
Sincerely,

SCH
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi SCH,
I suppose it is defined SOMEWEHRE? If any of the devs get a peek at this or if anyone knows what's going on under the hood here and could post, that'd be great!
Unfortunately it is hard coded. That's what defaults are in the software, when nothing is defined in a variable it reverts to the hard coded defaults.

That won't change, but given that you show a good use case for having more than one "style" available we will make it such that one can save them and switch between them. We are going to avoid the use of the term "Style" fore these because a "Style" has a specific meaning that cannot be applied to the PDF format as things are right now. Styles, be they in a Word Processor or HTML (CSS) are by definition a tag that goes around a block of text. Change the style definition and every object tagged gets changed. There is no support in the PDF standards for tagging blocks of text this way so true "Styles" are not possible. What we will offer is like a style, but it would need to be applied individually to every object, you wouldn't be able to change a style and expect it to apply to multiple places across a document like you would with Word or HTML.

I raised a formal Feature Request around this, and while for internal use only, referring to RT#6183: Feature request :: Editor :: Text format presets will mean any support staff member can get you a status report/update.

I do not have an ETA for delivery of said feature, it is low priority and ultimately at the development team leader's discretion.

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
shade-cabin-hammock
User

Hi Paul!

A W E S O M E ! ! !

Thanks. :)

Sincerely,

SCH
Sincerely,

SCH
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Clear Style Formatting Values Defined Where?

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

:)