pdfsaver command line tool  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

fuersta
User

pdfsaver command line tool

Post by fuersta »

According to the PDF Saver manual, it should be possible to dump the configuration of a particular profile of a printer.

Code: Select all

pdfSaver.exe /DumpOptions [<dest_file_name>] /Printer <PrinterName> [/Profile <ProfileName>]
However, it appears that the optional Profile-Parameter of the command does not work. I get no output if I use the option /Profile together with a profile-name. If I enter /Profile "" I get the output of the current profile.

I'm using PDF-XChange Version 9.2 Build 358. Is there a bug in the software or in the manual?
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Re: pdfsaver command line tool

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi fuersta,

Please note that when you are using the command line options for PDF Saver and any value has spaces, backslashes or forwardslashes, then the option that contains it should be enclosed in double quotation marks. Similarly, if there are spaces within the optionslistfile, it should also be enclosed in double quotation marks. Can you please clarify if your profile name contain spaces, backslashes or forwardslashes? If it does, then this is likely to be the cause of the problem.

Kind regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623
fuersta
User

Re: pdfsaver command line tool

Post by fuersta »

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your response.

My profile is simply named 'Test'. I can confirm that I enter the command options with quotes.
When entering the following command, I get the dump of the current profile.

C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Standard>pdfSaver.exe /DumpOptions /Printer "PDF-XChange Standard"

C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Standard>Printer: 'PDF-XChange Standard'
Profile: '<current>'
Version: 9.2 build 358
=================================
Misc.AltDash=1; Yes
Name="Neu"
Save.File="%[DocName]"
Save.Path=""
Save.RunApp=1; Yes
Save.AppName=""
Save.SaveType=2; Save
Save.AppParams="%f"
Save.RunCustom=0; No
Save.StripPath=0; No
Save.AutoNumber.Start=1
Save.AutoNumber.NumDigits=3
Save.WhenExists=0; ShowWarning
Save.UseLastPath=1; Yes
Save.ShowSaveDialog=1; Yes
EMail.Cc=""
EMail.To=""
EMail.Bcc=""
EMail.ZIP=1; Yes
Entering the command with the profile-option, I get nothing.

C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Standard>pdfSaver.exe /DumpOptions /Printer "PDF-XChange Standard" /Profile "Test"

The profile 'Test' does exist.
Screenshot 2022-08-15 211815.png
Best regards,
Andreas
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: pdfsaver command line tool  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, fuersta

Thank you for the added details, we have reproduced this and our team is looking into it at the moment. For now, I am afriad that this appears to be a bug which will require an update to resolve. Please keep an eye out for the next release (which may be a few months away yet).

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com