Comment automatically rotates 90 degrees after editing

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Kouya
User

Comment automatically rotates 90 degrees after editing

Post by Kouya »

Whenever I edit a comment, the text rotates automatically by 90 degrees. How can I prevent this from happening? I simply wanted to change the format of all the comments in a document, changing the size of the font and the color.
In the picture you can see on the left side the comment after editing and on the right side how the format looked before. Of course, I could manually rotate each comment 90 degrees to make it look normal again, but that's too much work for me. Does anyone know how I can prevent this?Image
Attachments
preview.JPG
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Re: Comment automatically rotates 90 degrees after editing

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi Kouya,

Can you please clarify which version of PDF-XChange Editor you are using and, if possible, provide a sample document with the problematic comments?

Kind regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623
Kouya
User

Post by Kouya »

Thank you for your answer!
I think the version I am using is 9.0.352.0, if that makes sense. I also attached the sample pdf!

Kind regards,
Kouya
sample pdf.pdf
(714.31 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Kouya,

thanks for both the sample and version. Indeed we did have an issue in the past where annotations applied after a document page was rotated resulted in something like what you show. I copied the text of a few of your annotations and used that to make new ones using the current build (9.3.361.0) and these do not have the issue.
sample pdf.pdf
(628.64 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
If you update the Editor to 9.3.361.0 (Help then Check for Updates" then use that version to recreate these annotations they should work like the ones I made. Similarly new ones should all be OK. You will have to delete the old ones and make new comments I am afraid, at least for the time being until another fix is found.

Not ideal I know, but at least moving forward the comments should then be fine.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com