Crop Tool issue - Setting not set to crop all files even when all are selected

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mwidunn
User

Crop Tool issue - Setting not set to crop all files even when all are selected

Post by mwidunn »

PDF-XChange Plus
9.3 build 361.0

I am trying to crop a whole group of pages in a PDF file all at once. I seem to be having a couple problems:

In the Thumbnail Pane on the left, I select all the pages: I do this either by using CTL+A or CTL+manually clicking each file.

Then, I select Crop Page Tool in the ribbon. I select how I want the pages to be cropped.

Then, the dialogue box comes up . . . except, even though all the pages in the PDF have been selected in the Thumbnail Pane, the box still only shows: "Pages - Custom". It does not show "All". Basically, only one page is being cropped, unless I select "All".

So, . . . I have to make an extra click every time to select "All" -- even though (again), all pages have been highlighted in the Thumbnial Pane.

The only reason I can think of for this is that there is a yellow box around one of the pages. That seems to be used as the default on which the dialogue box is basing its selection. So, clearly the one file is considered selected, even when I select all the files. Problem is: I cannot figure out any way to remove that yellow box.

So, there seem to be two interrelated problems.

Does anyone have any advisement or solutions?

Thanks!

Screenshot is attached.
Untitled.jpg
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Re: Crop Tool issue - Setting not set to crop all files even when all are selected

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi Mwidunn,

Can you please clarify which version of PDF-XChange Editor you're using? In the current build, there is an option to specify 'Selected' pages in the Crop Pages dialog box. This specifies the pages that are currently selected in the Thumbnails pane, and should certainly work for what you want to achieve:

image.png

Best regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623
mwidunn
User

Re: Crop Tool issue - Setting not set to crop all files even when all are selected

Post by mwidunn »

Dear Sean,

Thanks for the reply!

I already specifed in the opening part of my post which version of Editor I am using.

Thanks for the screen capture of what you see. Clearly, it is not what I am seeing when I use the Crop Page Tool. So, there's a problem that needs to be addressed. Let me know what you think.

I have re-installed the product -- with no change to the issue. I have removed any security mitigations from the anti-malware I am using (Hitman Pro Alert) -- with no change to the issue.

I am providing another screen capture with the version info I gave above.
Untitled.jpg
mwidunn
User

Post by mwidunn »

Dear Sean,

Comparing your picture to mine, it seems that either "All" or "Custom" are the default selections for me. I do not have "Selected" (for some reason, I cannot figure out -- which is why I am still here).

As I say above, there seems to be an "orangish" (gold?) box visible around whichever thumbnail I select. I do not know how to make it go away or become de-selected. No matter how many other thumbnails I might click or highlight, whichever has that orange/gold box around it is the only tile recognized by the software.

I can select all the tiles . . . and, still, when the Crop Box dialogue comes up, it will show "Custome" with whatever page number is the orange/gold one.

The only thing I can think of doing is just keep selecting "All" or enter the page range I might want -- even though, it adds an extra clicks and work. But, it does not make me happy to do so, since I have paid for the product; and, it should just work.
mwidunn
User

Post by mwidunn »

Dear Sean,

After about an hour and a half of poking around, I finally figured it out: You were using "Crop Pages" (CTL+SHIFT+T), while I was using the Crop Page Tool.

With "Crop Pages", I can select as many pages as I want and, then, draw the crop box in the window. So, it works. Yay!

I am still perplxed as to why the Crop Page Tool does not work in the same way. What is its purpose, then?

Anyways, I have finally figured it out.
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi mwidunn,

The Crop Page Tool is intended for cropping individual pages. Glad the problem is now resolved - if you have any further queries then please get back to us.

Kind regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623