Ability to create bookmarks or notes

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mgrauman
User

Ability to create bookmarks or notes

Post by mgrauman »

I am using the PDF-XChange Viewer ActiveX Control within an MS-Access program. Everything is working fine for viewing files. What I'm wondering is does this product allow for the setting of bookmarks or comments? When a user right-clicks the current file, those items are on the menu, but all grayed out (see below). Is there a setting I can change to turn on this functionality? I have looked through the documentation and see references to setting bookmarks programmatically, but I cannot find anything that would turn on the functionality for the user.

Thank you in advance for considering this question.

Attachments
image.png
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: Ability to create bookmarks or notes

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi mgrauman.

1. these menu-items require to have the selected text on the page.
2. the document may have security settings that deny commenting, bookmarking, etc. Check this o File/DocProps/Security dialog.

HTH
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
mgrauman
User

Post by mgrauman »

Thank you for the quick reply.

The PDFs in question are all scanned documents, so they are not text-based. However, your PDF Editor program allows a user to add a comment or a bookmark without highlighting text, on these PDFs. So are you saying that the Viewer SDK ActiveX control does not have that ability?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello mgrauman,

Adding comments or bookmarks is possible, but you explicitly asked for the Highlight Text commands - which won't work in the end user Viewer either with an image only based PDF file.

Kind regards,
Stefan