Ability to create bookmarks or notes

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mgrauman
User

Ability to create bookmarks or notes

Post by mgrauman »

I am using the PDF-XChange Viewer ActiveX Control within an MS-Access program. Everything is working fine for viewing files. What I'm wondering is does this product allow for the setting of bookmarks or comments? When a user right-clicks the current file, those items are on the menu, but all grayed out (see below). Is there a setting I can change to turn on this functionality? I have looked through the documentation and see references to setting bookmarks programmatically, but I cannot find anything that would turn on the functionality for the user.

Thank you in advance for considering this question.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: Ability to create bookmarks or notes

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi mgrauman.

1. these menu-items require to have the selected text on the page.
2. the document may have security settings that deny commenting, bookmarking, etc. Check this o File/DocProps/Security dialog.

HTH
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
mgrauman
User

Post by mgrauman »

Thank you for the quick reply.

The PDFs in question are all scanned documents, so they are not text-based. However, your PDF Editor program allows a user to add a comment or a bookmark without highlighting text, on these PDFs. So are you saying that the Viewer SDK ActiveX control does not have that ability?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello mgrauman,

Adding comments or bookmarks is possible, but you explicitly asked for the Highlight Text commands - which won't work in the end user Viewer either with an image only based PDF file.

Kind regards,
Stefan