highlights and markups not printed in pdf file  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jakov93
User

highlights and markups not printed in pdf file

Post by Jakov93 »

Hi everyone,
I highlighted some chapter titles by using highlight tool with some blending mode to appear as
58.png
Now, when I print this pdf file, the highlights and markups are not printed although I choose (Document and Markups) in Advanced Print Options, see
59.png
attached pdf file:
MCQs www.biologyexams4u.com_1.pdf
(17.38 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
So, how to fix this issue?
Thanks
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: highlights and markups not printed in pdf file

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jakov,

it is because the title has white highlight objects with a blend mode of "Exclusion". The result of this is to blank the text. A highlight should use the blend mode "multiply".

You can either delete the highlights or change their blend mode to "multiply" and they should print:
HighlightWithExclusion.gif
Simply deleting the highlight annotations will do the same for you print.

I hope that helps. Do let me know how it goes?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Jakov93
User

Post by Jakov93 »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:53 pm You can either delete the highlights or change their blend mode to "multiply" and they should print:
Thanks so much, Mr. Paul for your reply
Dear Paul, I want these highlights to be printed in order for rapid recognition of new chapters,
if this is not possible, see this file
MCQ in Microbiology_3.pdf
(21.24 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
why in this file, the highlight or rectangle is printed without changing the blend mode (it sets to normal)?
Thanks again :)
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Jakov93

In this document, the "highlight" is actually a base content "shape" object, which is placed behind the White text. There is no special blending or other handling going on. Comments, such as those created with the "highlight" tool, are also always placed on top of base content, so in the first document you showed, earlier in this thread, that would be why the "normal" blend mode does not work, despite it working perfectly fine in this instance with a base content object.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Jakov93
User

Post by Jakov93 »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:30 pm In this document, the "highlight" is actually a base content "shape" object, which is placed behind the White text.
Hello Daniel,
Thank you for sharing your info
I drew a rectangle from the comment group, then send it back and changed the color of the text to white, but with no benefit.
In this case, how to draw "base content "shape" object" in order to use it as a background for my text?
Thanks
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: highlights and markups not printed in pdf file  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Jakov93

Any comments, including rectangles and the like will always appear on top of base content, when you choose "send to back" on a comment, that only ensures that other comments will appear above it.

To create a shape from a rectangle comment, you would first need to "flatten" the comment (Right click > flatten selected comments). Then the object is converted to a base content object, which you can use the "Edit" tool to manipulate, and finally, use the arrange tools to place it behind the other base content items.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Jakov93
User

Post by Jakov93 »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:41 pm To create a shape from a rectangle comment, you would first need to "flatten" the comment (Right click > flatten selected comments). Then the object is converted to a base content object, which you can use the "Edit" tool to manipulate, and finally, use the arrange tools to place it behind the other base content items.
Thank you so much Mr. Daniel
I can't thank you enough
Best Regards
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

highlights and markups not printed in pdf file

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)