Suggestion: options to (1) set text box default padding and corner radius + (2) auto-fit containers to text

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

DiveShallow
User

Suggestion: options to (1) set text box default padding and corner radius + (2) auto-fit containers to text

Post by DiveShallow »

Please turn your attention to the aesthetically pleasing curves and negative space of the text container showcased above.

It would be a glorious day indeed if there were options to:

(1) set text box default padding and corner radius

(2) shrink containers to fit text automatically

The coding hours to user experience ratio would be UNMATCHED! I guarantee people would be excited! lol.

I noticed this was suggested in September 2021, and a support tech response was *tickled* by the term "padding". Semantics aside, the ideal behavior would mimic how text box styling defaults are set in the ios app Good Notes, which allows users to create text boxes in pdfs that look like above. So, it is possible! : )

Thank you. You are the best. Peace, Love, and Unity.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: options to (1) set text box default padding and corner radius + (2) auto-fit containers to text

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, DiveShallow

Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately "possible" does not always mean "allowed" so far as the PDF specification is concerned. The only mobile PDF applications I know of which properly follow the specification are those created by Google and Adobe, so the existence of this feature in "Good Notes" sadly is no indication that the specification allows this.

If I am recalling correctly, the last time this came up it was declined on grounds that the specification disallows it. Regardless, I will forward this to the dev team for another look to see if things have changed enough for us to reconsider.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com