Customize toolbar | combine commands to one toolbar command

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rfijen
User

Customize toolbar | combine commands to one toolbar command

Post by rfijen »

Right now I'm building a customized toolbar, but several tools I want to add in two different toolbars. Normal tools are easy to add, but does some of you know how to make/add commands with a dropdown? I know I can drag them from one to the other toolbar, but can somebody tell me how I can make such a dropdown or copy tools from on toolbar to the other?

For example I would like to add these tools to my new toolbar:
image.png
image.png (1.69 KiB) Viewed 391 times
image(1)(1).png
image(1)(1).png (2.49 KiB) Viewed 391 times
I can only get them into the toolbar like this:
image(1)(1)(1).png
image(1)(1)(1).png (7.02 KiB) Viewed 391 times
Attachments
image(1).png
image(1).png (1.69 KiB) Viewed 391 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Customize toolbar | combine commands to one toolbar command

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello rfijen,

When you have the "Customize Toolbars" window open - hold down the Ctrl key and then click and drag your desired tool - and this will create the needed copy.

Kind regards,
Stefan
squizzie
User

Post by squizzie »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:31 am
When you have the "Customize Toolbars" window open - hold down the Ctrl key and then click and drag your desired tool - and this will create the needed copy.
This doesn't seem to be working for me, or at least not in the way I need it to.

I'm using the older interface and need to have multiple versions of the highlight tool on the toolbar. I swear I've had it set up like this before, but now cannot seem to get it to allow me to have multiple distinct highlighter tool shortcuts. I can get it to have multiple different shortcuts to the exact same highlighting function, but only of the same colour as one another.

I've also seen the post showing how to do this in the newer interface, but cannot replicate this in the older (which lacks both an 'all commands' option or any way to search the commands, so far as I can see - like to that is https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgebase/319-How-do-I-save-and-access-customized-tool-styles-in-PDF-XChange-Editor
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, squizzie

To begin, you will need to open the customize toolbars window:
image.png
Once this is open, you can then drag new tools from the commands tab into the toolbars, but you can also drag commands that are already on the toolbars, (this is where the Ctrl+Drag to copy that Stefan mentioned comes in).
As for how to add items to a custom dropdown, you have the right idea, using the "other tools". You just need to drag the desired tool overtop of the dropdown and let it hover for a moment to open the dropdown menu, at which point you can place items inside that menu:
PDFXEdit_pzmBTbcGs4.gif
I hope this helps!
(Edit: I forgot to address the multiple highly tools request)
You can add your custom highlight styles to the toolbar directly by following the steps here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... nge-Editor

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com