Mirror pcs

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

town of stratford
User

Mirror pcs

Post by town of stratford »

I have two computers with PDF-Xchange Pro on them. It it possible to share the settings - preferences, pinned items, defaults, etc. - between them
PHK
User

Re: Mirror pcs

Post by PHK »

Yes.

go to File,

Manage Settings,

Export Settings,

Give it a name and save,

Open other computer,

Somehow get the saved file to that other computer (copy and paste or find on server/cloud),

Go to File,

Manage Settings,

Import Settings. the saved file.
All best,

FringePhil
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

If you are really game - and accept the risk - you can use the portables and sync their settings file via a cloud service....

I tried is years ago - before we supported Could Files directly. There are some drawbacks, if the two devices do not have similar paths to files etc it can get confused about the history, but is did keep my settings in sync.

Use at your own risk, if you are willing to accept responsibility for your own actions here. This is just a suggestion and comes with the caveat that it's not a tested or supported approach, if you have concerns about it - don't do it. I don't expect data loss but cannot guarantee against it.

cheers
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
PHK
User

Post by PHK »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:45 pm ... if the two devices do not have similar paths to files etc it can get confused about the history, but is did keep my settings in sync.
It is the definition of madness to work on two different devices that do not have the same paths to files, etc., for more reasons than Manage Settings...
All best,

FringePhil
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Mirror pcs

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com