access to popup-arrow possible

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
MaSeife
User

access to popup-arrow possible

Post by MaSeife »

I have square-elements with corresponding popups. When I doubleclick on a square-element, the popup opens and shows a corresponding text. When hovering over the popup, an 'arrow' (triangle) is shown and points from popup to square. The arrow disappears, when the mouse is no longer at the popup. When I click on the popup-title the arrow stays where it is, until I click somewhere else. When I move or resize the popup a little bit the 'arrow' stays where it is. This is also the case, when several popups are shown for different elements.
Popup-Arrow-Example.png
Is it possible to tell the PDFXChange-Editor to show the arrow for specific elements after loading a document? E.g. within xfdf I can says open="yes" for the popup(s) but how do I tell the program to also show specific arrows or perhaps all arrows of all open popups by default?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: access to popup-arrow possible

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello MaSeife,

There is a popupOpen property for annotations, so you can set that to true or false through JS and on a per annotation level - so you can have some that are and some that aren't open at the same time:
image.png
Kind regards,
Stefan
MaSeife
User

Post by MaSeife »

Hi Stefan. Thanks a lot for the fast reply to my question. With that property I can control if the popup is open or not. When I use it the popups are shown. But the 'arrow' between the annotation element (the square in my case) and the popup-window is missing. That's what I want to access...

What I get:
What I get (without arrow).png
What I get (without arrow).png (5.11 KiB) Viewed 645 times
What I want:
What I want (with arrow).png
What I want (with arrow).png (4.33 KiB) Viewed 645 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello MaSeife,

Ahh - apologies - sees like I misunderstood the question initially!
I thought it's the actual popups you want to show/hide.
Sorry about that!

I will ask our devs about your actual query and whether it can be achieved. I am personally not aware of a way to do this.

Kind regards,
Stefan
MaSeife
User

Post by MaSeife »

Hi Stefan,

thought that it maybe is an other property of the annotation but when executing the following javascript code in the PDFXChange Editor instance the result was more or less identical:

Code: Select all

var myAnnotList = this.getAnnots();                        
for (var i = 0; i < myAnnotList.length; i++)  {
	if(myAnnotList[i].popupOpen) {
		var vals = Object.keys(myAnnotList[i]).map(function(key) {
			return key + '->' + myAnnotList[i][key];
		});
		console.println(vals);
	}
}
So maybe the information is stored somewhere else. Let's see if your developers know more :-)

Regards,
Markus
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, MaSeife

I am afraid that the Dev team has come back and confirmed that we do not have the option to present all of these leaders at the same time. Only the currently in focused one, and the mouseover target can be enabled at the same time.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
MaSeife
User

Post by MaSeife »

Hallo Daniel,

sorry to hear that it doesn't seem to be possible. Then perhaps it was a bug not a feature in a former version. In the version that we use (PDF XChange Editor Plus Version 7.0 Build 328.2) you can achieve it manually.

1. Open several of the popups
2. Move all of the popups a little bit

Then all of the moved popups keep the 'arrow' - not only the last clicked ones. See the first screenshot of this post.

Regards,
Markus
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, MaSeife

Unfortunately you would be correct. Perhaps in the future we can find a way to offer this properly, but at the moment I am afraid that it will not be possible.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com